Lville

Started by enjenjo, July 08, 2007, 10:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

couper

Quote from: "enjenjo"How many of you are planning on the NATS this year? I know several of the regulars don't plan on it this year.
Kristy and I will get to our hotel thurs. night. in east L'ville. Won't have the bumper car  trailer done in time though. I've been playin to much lately.

Trucked Up

Count me in for another year. Be driving my latest project.
I wonder how it would feel "to wake up" one day as opposed "to come too"

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "enjenjo"How many of you are planning on the NATS this year? I know several of the regulars don't plan on it this year.

Not me.. :(  Got home mid-day today after " Doing a Dave" at Des Moines on Friday... :cry:  :cry:  :oops:  :oops:  :roll:

Ok..Here's the scoop...We arrived in the area Thursday pm as we normally do, hit the fairgrounds at 8 am on Friday..( Been doing this a lot at bigger shows..Makes walking the vendor area's MUCH easier..), found a neat parking space & put up the cabana for shade...No wind..Sheltered area.. Saw no need to put cabana stakes into the ground...Spent Friday am using the same policy I used at Indy...Walk carefully for 45 min or so..then sit for an hour or so...Worked great at Indy & was working well at Des Moines also.. About 12ish we were sitting having lunch under the cabana when the thing raised about 6 inchs..came back down & then LAUNCHED... :shock: :-o   Without thinking I grabbed for it..kept one side down but it was flyin'...My only concern was the cars parked around us so I sorta...well I kinda ...I TACKLED the dumb thing  :!: It must not have been pretty as the lady owner of the NICE car about 6" away from my still flapping cabana came running over screaming " Are you all right?? Do you need an ambulance??? My wife said that I told her something to the effect of " I can be fixed---grab the %^&&*(*^$  tent ":!:  :!:  :!:
Some folks from other cars gave us a hand getting the thing upright & back to where we had placed it..this time NAILED DOWN.. :roll:  One of the guys told me it was the "best running tackle I've ever seen on an EZ-up...Ever think of going pro???? "....Another said he wished he had his camcorder running as it would have been a guaranteed winner on AFV for sure...
Anyhow....The important parts.....

A..No cars were injured or mistreated during this "adventure"....
B..I somehow did all of this & still was holding on to my samich... :shock:  :?
C..I never spilled my drink  :!:  :!:  :shock: ( Dave would be sooo proud.. :lol:  :lol: )

As for me...well...I can be fixed...again... :oops:  :oops:  :oops:

( My wife advised me I'll prolly be the one on roller skates & a rope at K-Zoo...She plans to treat me as a "pull-toy" :P  :P  :oops: ) .

LMAO :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

flying tackle on an EZ-UP, now that's some funny stuff :-o

never spilled the adult beverage, thats coordination in action :wink:

Vance

p.s. guess we better lighten up on 'ole Fife, hes getting a bit cranky :shock:
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Charlie Chops 1940

Not looking good for the Chopper to attend. Too many life issues getting in front of fun issues....

Won't be making Bonneville this year either. I'm gonna have an empty place in my heart this summer.

Denise - have a great time, say hi to the gand from me.

I will be in Columbus this weekend selling at the Goodguys swap and the same for Nats North in Seprtember. Culling the herd so to speak.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Wow Ugly... Thats  a wild one fer sure.. IM sure you didnt spill your drink or we would have to sign you up for AA .. Thats Alcohol Abuse ya know...
Hope your back is ok....
Dave

enjenjo

Well, The biggest reason I asked, is to plan what to bring with the trailer. I think this year we will just do lunches, and maybe a brakfast or two if the interest is there. There just seems to be too much going on for dinner any more.

I can't say we'll be in the same spot, but we will be in the same area.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Roadstar

Me and Cindy hope to be there Frank.

Rayvyn

I'll be there with bells on, and any meal is fine with me as long as Kenny cooks it. Oh wait, I have to go...The room is in my name... :roll:

Will this be the first Nats that Team Smart doesn't have a representative at?  How will we all survive... :?:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

phat rat

Bells? I hope your not wearing pink with them! :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "phat rat"Bells? I hope your not wearing pink with them! :lol:

Come on down and find out, you Stud you... :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Will this be the first Nats that Team Smart doesn't have a representative at?  How will we all survive... :?:  :D

Thats a pretty lame attemt to get inducted into T/S ... If you really want the team represented I would think you lean more towards smart thinking and a few creative ideas. Those are the things were looking for for our members. :wink: ...
I know its possible. You have a few brain cells that currently work  :lol:
You could be the Louisville rep while your there and look for other possible members..
Dave
Ill be watching and im sure Vance will too :wink:

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"I'll be there with bells on, and any meal is fine with me as long as Kenny cooks it. Oh wait, I have to go...The room is in my name... :roll:

Looks like the Team Smart representative  from Texas will not be in attendance. :(
however, I'm sure the rest of you will carry on in a fashion that represents the RRT, and Team Smart well. 8)  8)

take lots of pictures, please

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "phat rat"Bells? I hope your not wearing pink with them! :lol:

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

UGLY OLDS

You could be the Louisville rep while your there and look for other possible members..
Dave
Ill be watching and im sure Vance will too :wink:[/quote]

See Jim...That's how it works.....You've been a member for what, 2 hours or so :?:  :?:  Already we're forgotten...... :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :roll:  :roll:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Nick32Vic

We'll be there! Cant wait! I think we are bringing my 32 and the "Cockroach" and leaving my dads car at home.

Theres gonna be alot of regulars not attending which is kinda gonna suck but it will still be fun. I have a feeling attendance is gonna be way down this year.