Lville

Started by enjenjo, July 08, 2007, 10:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"So, Enjenjo where is the usual place in relationship to something that I can find?

i THINK (please confirm or deny frank) this is the usual spot

from a post a few years ago about louisville

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "river1"
Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"So, Enjenjo where is the usual place in relationship to something that I can find?

i THINK (please confirm or deny frank) this is the usual spot

from a post a few years ago about louisville

later jim

That would be it, or to put it better, has been in the past.

If you come in the main entrance, straight ahead will be the bldgs. The big building on the right will be the vendors location. To the right of that building is a large grassy area, separated from the building by an access road and a wooden fence. Follow this wooden fence towards the covered buildings near the rear right hand corner of the vendors building. The BBQ usually sets up along that fence about 1/2 way down. Look for a black trailer with smoke coming out and OBT Ken roasting meat and burning coffee... :wink:  :lol:  :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

UGLY OLDS

WOW  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:   Has that place changed since I was there in '88  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
( I don't get out very often..... :oops:  :oops: )
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Fat Cat

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"WOW  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:   Has that place changed since I was there in '88  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

That is the correct location on the previous map. But I figured I would include the most up to date map of the fairgrounds.

It has changed a bunch since that last picture.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"WOW  :!:  :!:  :!:  :!:   Has that place changed since I was there in '88  :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

88'... :?:
Man, the fairgrounds was a farm then... :!:
Model A's were selling for like $600.00, a home could be bought for $9,000.00, and Bob K was still an old gnome. That's like Last Century dude... :wink:  :D
You gotta get out more than once every 20 years... :D
They better plan on expanding even more after this year. Team Smart will be there, and the demand for merchandise will require another building... :roll:  :wink:  :D
I wonder if they have enough room in the basketball arena... :?:
Old Hemma Royd Cotterpin will have to relocate his Bondo R Us set-up to the horse stalls...Which is only fitting because horses produce S#*t too... ~:)
***SFC-Team Smart***

alchevy

Well, we made it up here fine today.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Rayvyn

Quote from: "40chevy"Well, we made it up here fine today.
AL

Hey Al, if you want a good place to go this weekend, try Stevie Rays Blues place downtown. We usually make a night of it when we're in town, usually on Saturday.

What's the weather like? If it's Hot and Muggy, it'll be like I never left home.
***SFC-Team Smart***

flamefink

Hey all... My dad and I just rolled into town about 20mins ago. Ill just say the original plan was arrival about 12hrs ago, but those "new parts gremlins" just wouldn't leave us alone. It's really a shame when you're first stop after checking into the hotel is the parts store.

I see I won't be seeing quite a few of the regulars this year. Sorry to see it, but I can understand all of the scenarios. I was in an odd situation last year too but was still stubborn enough to come down for just one day. It was more of a teaser than anything else. This time around I'm cashing in on the perks of work and using my vacation... so we'll be around all weekend and hopefully dropping by the trailer often.

Later,
Brett
Do you need a tetanus shot to ride in that thing?

alchevy

Yeah, it's hot up here. Temps are supposed to be in the mid 90s the whole time. I just checked what was on weather.com and it said 91 degrees but with 35% humidity right now.

I'll just have to remember those years when we set those record low temps one year.
AL

Then there was the year that the vendors inside ran out of sweatshirts. I wasn't there that year.
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

We got it all set up today, we're just a bit south of where we were in the past, right by the corner of the building, on the same fence.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

sorry I missed you Frank. I saw Bob and he told me where we were.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

enjenjo

I followede you in the gate, about 4 cars back :lol:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

Jack, did you go through South Bend pretty early this morning? The guy I ordered some tires from at the Tire Rack said he saw a purple rod - like a Merc he said. I thought of you right away.

I got the HAMB-relay parts this afternoon. I'm ready to rock in the morning.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

reborn55

Getting ready to turn in--getting up at 2--be on the raod at 4 a.m.  Later

I am really having "Nats" withdrawls  :( I hope the weather cools down a bit and you all have a Great Time! Just started digging the basement for house #2 this afternoon......It hasn't rained on that jobsite since early June......It is raining hard there now with about 2 to 3 more inches expected....should have a fairly large swimming pool when I get there tomorrow.The humidity has been around 80/85% plus.....this should push it to an even 100%! Guess I'll just wait and hope someone took a camera and posts some photos! HAVE FUN!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"