Lville

Started by enjenjo, July 08, 2007, 10:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "Carps"
Seems somebody arranged a golf tournament for the first weekend and there are no rooms available.  So I'll be sleeping under the stars at the bend in the road, near the Highway Hilton.  Should be a bunch of fun.

Just don't go sleeping naked on your back out in that wilderness. A Meerkat might come by and think you're a funny looking scorpion... :shock:  :lol:

gives a new meaning to "Meerkat Manor"

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

alchevy

Well it's about countdown 'til the Nats. I have gone every year since 1999 and I looked the other day and found all of my Nats t-shirts from '99 to '06. There were 8 of them. Since today is the 8th workday 'til I leave going up there, I am wearing my 1999 shirt with the woodie they gave away that year on it. The 2000 shirt will be for Friday. I will do this all the way up to and including the Monday, July 30th.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

nitrofc

n.c.rodder

I'll be there all four days - I'm sure I'll run into some of you at some time. :D

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Dave

Well you guys have fun.. I was thinking about running down for an evening so I could do some shopping one day but its not gonna happen. I have saturday and sunday to get paint on the roadster frame and Id like to get some red on the other parts too. I go to work monday then im in classes for 4 days in kzoo so that gives me the nats weekend to try to finish some more paint cause the wednesday after that im off to utah :!: Oh ya the indy car race at michigan may take up a sunday also. The youngest and I have been going every year and we may go again this year... Too many races too little time :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:

reborn55

we plan on being there Thurs.-Saturday.  Will look for osme familiar faces and cars.

WZ JUNK

Looks like I will be working in the Haywire booth mid day Friday and through the mid day again on Saturday.  I am to just work through the busy times.  If you are in the building stop by.  I will be the gray haired guy in jeans and wearing a hot rod T shirt.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

ChevyGirlRox

Some friends of mine have three rooms up for grabs at the Executive (east I believe) right across from the fairgrounds.  I think they are $550 for Wed night - Sat night.  No traffic to deal with, lots of parties and who knows what "celebrities" will be staying there this year!
PM me if you are interested.

Apparently since I'm not going no one wants to go.   :wink:   Ha ha ha

And you think it would be the opposite! :wink:
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

alchevy

We're going to have 13 people in 7 street rods coming up from Central Mississippi.

It's getting closer!
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Rayvyn

Quote from: 40chevyWe're going to have 13 people in 7 street rods coming up from Central Mississippi.
quote]

OOOHH NOOOO, not that gang again... :shock:  :(
In that case I'm headed south towards the islands... :D  :wink:

J/K...See ya there...You know where we set up camp, right... :D  );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Carps

Quote from: "40chevy"found all of my Nats t-shirts from '99 to '06. There were 8 of them.

You have ONLY eight NSRA NATS T shirts?

WOW!  Mrs Carps has been trying to sort out all my Hot Rod T shirts so I may choose the appropriate ones for this years tour.  She doesn't seempleased to have little T shirt mountains all around the house.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

alchevy

I only have 8 from the Street Rod Nationals. The rest of the event t-shirts are from local and some national rod runs and such. Event t-shirts make the most of my shirt inventory.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

enjenjo

BBQ is all packed to go. I will be there wednesday afternoon. I try to set up near where we were before, no guarantees. If anyone is going to be there earlier, snag a spot.

If they won't let me in with my car, I may need someone to tow the trailer in, but wednesday there should be no problem. If you'll be there, and have a hitch, PM me a cell number or something.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "enjenjo"BBQ is all packed to go. I will be there wednesday afternoon. I try to set up near where we were before, no guarantees. If anyone is going to be there earlier, snag a spot.

If they won't let me in with my car, I may need someone to tow the trailer in, but wednesday there should be no problem. If you'll be there, and have a hitch, PM me a cell number or something.

I'll be there Thursday with the strippers and beer.,, :P>  );b(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bib_Overalls

I have never been.  Thought I would get to go this year.  But I have a medical diagnostic test on Thursday and that bummered me out on convoying over and shared room.  Contingent left here this morning and the rest are heading out Wednesday.  

Wife hates car shows.  The part where you sit around in lawn chairs.  Won't do it.

This morning she told me she had a room in Louisville reserved for "us" Thursday through Sunday.  Said I looked like a sick puppy with my buds at the Nationals and me sitting home.  She is really a good wife, even if she is not to hot on hot rods.

So, if my test goes OK we will hit the road before noon Thursday and get in about 6 PM.

So, Enjenjo where is the usual place in relationship to something that I can find?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks