Oil Extreme "Better Than Synthetic" in my 56 Chevy

Started by maass, July 05, 2007, 12:19:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maass

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own a 56 -210 w/406 chevy. A mobile oil change guy put Oil Extreme better than synthetic oil in my car recently.  The guy made a lot of claims about this new oil.  Has anyone used it besides me?  It seems to work great. My oil pressure went up, my heat went down, engine quieted right down, and I think my power went up. The engine is also noticably smoother. I first read about it in Stock Car Racing magazine in an article by David Vizard. I race on the weekends once in a while. Bill

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "maass"--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I own a 56 -210 w/406 chevy. A mobile oil change guy put Oil Extreme better than synthetic oil in my car recently.  The guy made a lot of claims about this new oil.  Has anyone used it besides me?  It seems to work great. My oil pressure went up, my heat went down, engine quieted right down, and I think my power went up. The engine is also noticably smoother. I first read about it in Stock Car Racing magazine in an article by David Vizard. I race on the weekends once in a while. Bill

interesting info, worth checking into.

been kickin' around the idear of switching to a synthetic myself.

I too used to race on the weekends......until the "big accident" :shock:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

rumrumm

Welcome to the RRT, Bill. Do you have a web address for that article about that oil?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

maass

Lynn, it was in Stock Car Racing magazine in Aug. 2006 issue.  There is also an article by David Vizard on Oil Extreme's webste.  It is a much longer one and gives all the testing David Vizard did on the oil.

I've read David's tech articles for years, and that's what convinced me to try this oil technology.  I'm always sceptical about claims for oil, as I've seen some bad results with some of the additives that have been touted over the years.

maass

Vance,

Tell me about "The Big Accident."

I went to a banquet with my wife last week and they were showing what things used to cost.  It wasn't many years ago that you could buy a new car for around $5000.

With todays prices on new cars or parts and labor on older ones, if you don't use synthetic oil in your vehicle it's costing you money.

Bill

Okiedokie

maass

Joe,

I was using Castrol Syntec.  It's supposed to be a good synthetic oil, but I could deffinately feel the difference as soon as I had driven a few blocks.

My wife even commented on the car running better when she drove it the first time after the oil change.

enjenjo

QuoteVance,

No big deal, they caught him with a sheep :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Husker

So what's wrong with getting caught with a sheep?

I run synthetic in all my stuff, going to have to check this stuff out. What surprises me is the comments that it ran better.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "enjenjo"
QuoteVance,

No big deal, they caught him with a sheep :roll:

but at least she was over 18 :!:  :shock:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "maass"Vance,

Bill

I used to race stock then sprint cars here locally on a 3/8 mi clay track.

was running 3rd in a HEAT race, when I temporarily lost control of my sprinter coming out of turn 4, it would turn right, but it wasn't gonna turn LEFT :shock:

luckily the concrete front straight wall kept me from catapulting myself and sprint car into the grandstands 8)
didn't walk away from that one :oops:
was unconscious for about 30-45 seconds, hurt from my nose to my toes :-o  couldn't breathe, couldn't walk, I think I wet myself too :?
got the car back to the pits, on a hook, the left front wheel was about 6 inches off the ground, and everything else was about 4-6 inches from where it originally was, including the drivers seat :evil:

I tore the sub-strap (crotch strap) out with my leg. it was mounted to the cage with 1/4" plate steel and a grade 8 bolt.

wanted to rebuild the chassis and go racin', but the Mrs. told me that I prolly wouldn't have enough money left after the divorce to build another sprinter :(
so I built a '34 3-window coupe instead :)
it has the motor from my sprinter in it, so it wasn't a total loss. :wink:
now I don't hafta scrape mud, beat out dents, change wings, or go thru as many tear-offs as I used to :idea:

sorry, but you asked :shock:

welcome to the RRT. lots of good info here. ya need to watch out for them "Northeners" they can be a bit rowdy at times. I think a couple of them are into beastiality :)(

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

maass

Vance,

That's some experience you had.  Thanks for sharing it.

It just so happens that my first car was a 34 Ford coupe too.

I bought it with my poker winnings coming home on the boat from Korea.

I paid $200 for it.

Husker

LOL! My sheep wears a couple garter belts.  8)

Those sprints can go for some wild rides. I watched Steve Kinser to a dance at Hussett's Speedway by Sioux Falls a few years back. Seen a few end up in the catch fences as well. * powerful cars for what they are!

I used to do some dirt racing myself, gave it up because it just got to darn expensive to be competitive. Now I hardly every attend an event and I have 2 tracks just 5 minutes away.

phat rat

Quote from: "Husker"So what's wrong with getting caught with a sheep?

I run synthetic in all my stuff, going to have to check this stuff out. What surprises me is the comments that it ran better.

Are you by chance related to Vance or just a Texan at heart?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "Husker"So what's wrong with getting caught with a sheep?

Are you by chance related to Vance or just a Texan at heart?

LMAO :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

my folks were originally from Nebraska :D

I came to Texas by way of Kansas, just a little north of Bill, kb426 8)

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders