Des Moines GoodGuys.....Who's Going???

Started by 40, July 04, 2007, 07:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rumrumm

Quote from: "Husker"I am kicking around going. But I should get that slave cylinder changed in that darn old 90 Ford truck I need to get rid of, or I should finish that Intrepid or better yet I should put brakes on that 67 Pontiac rag top I just licensed so I can drive the * thing sometime this summer.

To much to get done and not enough time or ambition! Maybe I will just drink beer!

You can always come to Des Moines and drink beer. LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

36vicky

Daryle, Sue and I are planning on darting over to Des Moines on Sat for the GG show.  We'll just stay around as long as we can stand the heat.  I like the fair grounds setting over there ,but it'll be hot even in the shade.

We'll watch for the usual suspects at Yogi's around noon, if we don't spot you sooner.  See 'ya then, Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

R's 2

R's 2 Will be there Sat. we have quite a few customers that are entering there cars  that are looking forward to "cooking" 8)  in the great Iowa sun. looking forward to a great event again this year. If any of you have anything left in you after this weekend you are more that welcome to come visit "The Old settlers " car show next Sat. the 14th  down here in Seymour Iowa. !!!  :D

jaybee

Didn't think we were going to make it this year as we had too much (and too expensive) fun at the IRL race in Newton, but it turns out I just might make it with #2 son.  Will give it our best as I've missed the meet & greet for the last couple and have been disappointed to do so.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

:shock: WOW is it HOT!!  :shock: 101 degrees out and still climbing! It was 105 here yesterday and the humidity is horribly high also! I chickened out and headed home early this morning instead of going to the fairgrounds and then driving home in the afternoon heat.The numbers were up as was the quality.....but,the show is critically close to outgrowing the facilities.It was a great $$ move by GoodGuys to increase the cut-off to 72 but seems like the additional cars are cramping the venue.....I left the motel at 5AM on Saturday morning and was still in line for an hour only to find the fairgrounds already full when I finally got in.I heard one guy say he left the bar before it closed and was in line before 1AM....said he still had a few cars ahead of him  :roll: Was good to see everyone...... Bob K and I took a tour of an awesome  private car collection on Friday night then had a nice dinner at CHIPS.....Thanks for the company! Maybe Bob will post a few photos when he gets time. Never did come across UglyOlds......maybe next time!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

couper

Quote from: "40":shock: WOW is it HOT!!  :shock: 101 degrees out and still climbing! It was 105 here yesterday and the humidity is horribly high also! I chickened out and headed home early this morning instead of going to the fairgrounds and then driving home in the afternoon heat.The numbers were up as was the quality.....but,the show is critically close to outgrowing the facilities.It was a great $$ move by GoodGuys to increase the cut-off to 72 but seems like the additional cars are cramping the venue.....I left the motel at 5AM on Saturday morning and was still in line for an hour only to find the fairgrounds already full when I finally got in.I heard one guy say he left the bar before it closed and was in line before 1AM....said he still had a few cars ahead of him  :roll: Was good to see everyone...... Bob K and I took a tour of an awesome  private car collection on Friday night then had a nice dinner at CHIPS.....Thanks for the company! Maybe Bob will post a few photos when he gets time. Never did come across UglyOlds......maybe next time!
Enjoyed our visit Daryle. Sorry it was short. Thanks for the invite to the car collection, but as you saw, my hands were full of relatives and 10 yr. old boys!. I saw where you were parked saturday up on the hill but did'nt spot you around.
I left saturday afternoon, got back home around midnight.