Des Moines GoodGuys.....Who's Going???

Started by 40, July 04, 2007, 07:08:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I plan on arriving mid-morning on Friday. There is a fellow from another board I frequent that is setting up a tour of a private car collection in the immediate Des Moines area for 6PM Friday night.He invited me to bring a friend if I like so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone would like to join me?How about setting up a time to meet on Saturday also if anyone's interested......In the past we've met in front of Yogi's booth at noon....BS'd a bit and then went and had lunch.....I'm game! I should be driving the Yellow 40 (Below) and hopefully I'll be parked in the shade somewhere around the grandstand area.....Don't plan on getting up early enough for a power parking spot  :P Stop by and say hello......I'll have the canopy up and something cold to drink! Look forward to seeing everyone!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

moparrodder

Daryle, I sure would love to be there but we're still spraying beans and I do all the mixing for the sprayers, it's slowed down a bit, only 12 hours a day instead of 14-15.  Was suprised we didn't have to work today, :roll:  anyway have a good time there and tell the group hi for us.  Would liked to have seen Lynn's coupe as I haven't seen it yet, and another friend from Denver way is going to be there too. It's Roger Jetter that was in Onawa a couple years ago that had the mint green custom 57 Chevy, he goes by 40 Stude Dude on the Hamb.  Just have a good time and I'll think of you sittin in the shade havin a COLD drink while I'm in the sun mixin spray. lol   Catch ya later!!

Bill

Rayvyn

You have too much fun. You're grounded... :!:  :wink:  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Bob K

Quote from: "40"I plan on arriving mid-morning on Friday. There is a fellow from another board I frequent that is setting up a tour of a private car collection in the immediate Des Moines area for 6PM Friday night.He invited me to bring a friend if I like so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone would like to join me?How about setting up a time to meet on Saturday also if anyone's interested......In the past we've met in front of Yogi's booth at noon....BS'd a bit and then went and had lunch.....I'm game! I should be driving the Yellow 40 (Below) and hopefully I'll be parked in the shade somewhere around the grandstand area.....Don't plan on getting up early enough for a power parking spot  :P Stop by and say hello......I'll have the canopy up and something cold to drink! Look forward to seeing everyone!

Daryl:

Pm me your cell #, Id like to go.

B :b-d: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Bill....I know what you mean about working too much! We worked 10 hours today.....the guys weren't real thrilled because of the Holiday but I told them we'd take off Friday and have a 3-day weekend....I should have been a used car salesman  :P It's an hour drive each way to the jobsite and we've been working 10's/12 hours with the drive each way......Long days for sure! The road embargos and then all of the rain this Spring just buried us!Sorry you and Gail can't make it this year.....Perhaps we'll get a chance to get together yet this Summer!

Bryan.....You have NO IDEA how bad I want to be grounded :lol:  I've even thought about getting arrested just to get some rest  :P

UGLY OLDS

I will be there with the Ol' Ugly Olds... :)  :)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"I will be there with the Ol' Ugly Olds... :)  :)

you gonna bring a car too?

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

34ford

Daryle,
Plan on going over thursday after work. Won't have the coupe still have a few things to tweak out before a long trip and don't have the time. Would like to go to the tour if it's not to many with 2 more. Noon on Saturday looks good for the meet and greet and I tink I have your cell so I can give you a call on friday if I don't find you. I'll have to post a pic of the coupe, haven't even had time to take a pic of it yet.

thanks

Bob

rumrumm

I will be there around noon on Friday.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Crosley"

Well..Cab fare would be excessive...The Big Silver Dog takes too long...'Spose I'll take the blue car.... :shock:  :shock:  Oh..by the way...Rumor has it you may be looking at one of those " Hardly Ableson's" ...Why the switch :?:  :?:  :P  :P  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Crosley"

:ha)  :ha)  :ha)  );b(  );b(  );b(  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

couper

I'm heading up in an hour or so. Should get to motel6 west Des Moines around 6-7pm tonight. (thurs)
Lance

Mikej

Daryle, Anita and I aren't going to make it. You are sure welcome to stop by on the way home. Might even feed you for a change. Have fun.

Husker

I am kicking around going. But I should get that slave cylinder changed in that darn old 90 Ford truck I need to get rid of, or I should finish that Intrepid or better yet I should put brakes on that 67 Pontiac rag top I just licensed so I can drive the * thing sometime this summer.

To much to get done and not enough time or ambition! Maybe I will just drink beer!