'Real' Wheels fitted to my Pickup

Started by Pope Downunder, June 26, 2007, 03:09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Downunder

The pickup has been on the road for seven years in this form and I wanted to change the look a little.  What better way than to change the wheels.  The issue with changing the wheels was always the fact that the diff is too wide to allow a decent offset wheel, (being a full-width 'Tank' Fairlane unit).  Since the Nationals, I have narrowed the diff.  These are the new 'Real' wheels
http://www.realrodderswheels.com/ALUMINUM%20WHEELS.htm; Terrible name, but the wheels are beautifully made from very fine castings and the polish job is perfect.  
The pickup is now back together.  It looks different with the new wheels.

brti

That is one gorgeous pickup!!!! Just excellent.
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

WZ JUNK

Looks great.

Long time no see.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

Flipper

What did it look like before?

It looks pretty much perfect now.

Crosley.In.AZ

those wheels do have a nice shine to them.....

kool looking truck.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Charlie Chops 1940

Wow! Nothing quite like the "Hal" look is there. They'll never go out of style.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

rumrumm

Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

UGLY OLDS

I LIKE it.... :!:  :!:  :!:  :b-d:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"Looks great.

Long time no see.

John

Thanks.  The wheels were a bit of a 'treat' to me, from me.

Yes, sorry it has been a while.
As you know my marriage fell apart in 2004 just after I returned from the US trip, and it has taken three years to sort the settlement.  Fair to say, this has been a very trying time.  I have moved, taken up a new position as well.  I haven't been able to anything much with the cars for that whole time either.

Anyway, it is now settled, but I expect that I will be very stretched time wise and financially for at least five years.  This I did not need at this stage of my life, but it wasn't like I had much say in it!

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "Flipper"What did it look like before?

It looks pretty much perfect now.

It was exactly the same, except it had steelies the same colour as the body, with 'single spinner' Customline caps and trims.

Dave

That really made a difference. You better go to the web site and upload your pic so they can put it on thier page.. That would be cool.
Dave

kb426

TEAM SMART

Hi Neal! Glad to see you're still checking up on us from time to time! The truck looks awesome but I also liked it with the steel wheels....Now you can go back and forth! Tell that old traveling companion of yours I said Hello.....He needs to stop by here and fill us in on what he's up to also! Life has a way of throwing us curves but I suspect you'll do just fine....Glad you're getting it all settled!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Pope Downunder

Quote from: "40"Hi Neal! Glad to see you're still checking up on us from time to time! The truck looks awesome but I also liked it with the steel wheels....Now you can go back and forth! Tell that old traveling companion of yours I said Hello.....He needs to stop by here and fill us in on what he's up to also! Life has a way of throwing us curves but I suspect you'll do just fine....Glad you're getting it all settled!

Thanks Daryl,

Sometimes I feel like my balls have had the curves kicked into them!  Still, I soldier on; hopefully a bit wiser for the experience.

Yes, I'll ask Steve to do that.