Americruise 2007

Started by Mikej, June 25, 2007, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

couper

Actually, Daryle, yes we are!
We talked about it last night, didn't have any plans we couldn't change, found a room at the Super 8 out on west 'O' st. on the internet. Talk about spur of the moment!. I just put the coupe up on jacks to grease 'er up and give her a once over. Will pack tonight and hit the road after work tomorrow. Probably won't get there soon enough to register but will try. (is Josh your grandson I met a couple years back?) Hope to meet some of you other guys too. I'll be in my 34 chevy 3w dark blue/purple with missouri tags. Look me up.
Quote from: "40"Bob(34 Ford)....Thank You very much for the offer but the wife found us a room out near the Airport.....If I wasn't so damned busy.....Perhaps I could spend a little more time on the computer! Josh and I plan to arrive Friday morning but have decided to stay just through the afternoon on Saturday.We decided to sell our house and are going to give it a try without a realtor this time around so I'll be hosting an open house Sunday  :roll: I really look forward to seeing your car! Will they be having a Cruise Night at that Culvers near your house on Friday Night again this year??Not sure I can find it but I'll try.

Bob(BTRC) Sorry you're not going to make it this year.How was the 50's?Sure hope we run into each other sometime this Summer! Des Moines??

Tom,Too bad you and Sue can't make Lincoln but I'll look for you guys in Des Moines!

Lance,I think Rod&Custom is still a major sponsor but not sure if they own the event or if Family Events still has it.Will you be in Lincoln?If not,see you in Des Moines for sure!

I will be in the wifes 55......Turquoise/White Hardtop for those that haven't seen it.The trunk is full of front end parts I need to return to Speedway so driving her car was an easy decision......just need to figure out where to put the suitcase and canopy! I ended up using Heidts stuff instead....guess that will be my first stop tomorrow morning.

Lance,You are correct.....Josh is our Grandson that lives with us.....He's really looking forward to the trip and checking out the cars......I hope that lasts for more than an hour or two  :shock: Hope to see everyone in Lincoln!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Well......Another one in the books! What a gorgeous weekend! Friday was PERFECT,Saturday was nearly as nice and Sunday.....Well,Sunday sucked......I had to host an open house that was very poorly attended.Seemed like a terrible waste when I could have easily stayed in Lincoln another day!Seemed like a little bigger turn out than last year although I didn't hear any official numbers.Got to visit with MikeJ and his wife Anita,Lance (Couper) and his wife Kristy but didn't see Bob(34 Ford) either day.Didn't make the Speedway Ice Cream Social Saturday night....sure wish I could have stayed,but I did get there Friday to return some parts and pick up some others!The wifes 55 ran flawlessly.....What an improved ride with the new front end kit.....Like driving a new car.Josh had a good time .....He's becoming quite a story teller for such a youngster....No Idea where he gets it  :shock: The GoodGuys Heartland Nat's is in Des Moines this coming weekend.....Hope to see everyone again there!

34ford

Daryle,

Man I'm sorry I didn't get back to you about the friday night at culvers or meet up with anyone on saturday. I did have the coupe at the fair grounds on Saturday. Made it's first outing friday night to culvers. Tightened up the last bolt at 6pm had a quick bite for supper and drove it out of the garage for the first time. I worked on it all weekend last week and then Monday-Wednesday till 1 in the morning then decided to take off work on thursday and finish up so I could be at the fairgrounds on friday.  :?  Well I finally made it to bed at 3am friday morning still having stuff to do. I spent all day friday in the garage figuring I get all done that needed to be done by noon and it was still 6pm before that happened. I planned on driving it to Desmoines this coming weekend but i only have 80 miles on it and need to tweak the springs and shocks and the cable on the 700r4. Did make it out to the fairgrounds about 11:30 and I say there were about half the cars that were there on Saturday so you didn't miss much today. Maybe we can do a meet and greet at noon on saturday by Yogi's.

bob

Bob....Sorry we didn't find you on Saturday...Sure would have liked to have seen the Coupe! We made a couple of runs through the grounds on Saturday.....my eyesight must be getting bad but that's a story for another day  :P Will you have the bugs worked out in time for Des Moines?If not,there's always the Nat's or GoodGuys in K.C. Look forward to seeing you in Des Moines!

Mikej

It was good to see Daryle and Lance. Sorry we missed Bob. Plenty of nice cars. Nice weather this year. Last year it was 103. My battery went dead and had to find jumper cables. You would think car guys would have a set. Nope. My wife ran down a golf cart that was running around and they helped us out. It turns out that it was the brake lights that had been on all day. I found it Saturday night when the garage was lit with a red glow. It was missing the return spring. Easy fix. That is the first time in 7 years that it hasn't started. I think I will put the jumpers back in the car. I took them out last winter. Didn't think I would need them anymore.
We're not planning on Des Moines but may change our mind.

couper

Quote from: "Mikej"It was good to see Daryle and Lance. Sorry we missed Bob. Plenty of nice cars. Nice weather this year. Last year it was 103. My battery went dead and had to find jumper cables. You would think car guys would have a set. Nope. My wife ran down a golf cart that was running around and they helped us out. It turns out that it was the brake lights that had been on all day. I found it Saturday night when the garage was lit with a red glow. It was missing the return spring. Easy fix. That is the first time in 7 years that it hasn't started. I think I will put the jumpers back in the car. I took them out last winter. Didn't think I would need them anymore.
We're not planning on Des Moines but may change our mind.
Good to see Daryle, Josh and you too Mike. Like Daryle said, great weather.
We stayed 'till 5pm or so. Was disappointed there was not a parade of cars through town like a few years ago. Guess that's another thing I missed about the old Americruise. Went downtown that night, cruised 'O' street, ate at a micro-brewery. Had a great time. Left for Springfield early sunday morning. Broke a motormount sometime over the weekend. Shift lever moves to the right under torque like an Atari joy stick now. Made it home though. Will change out tonight.
I'll be heading to Des Moines early friday am. 6-7 hour trip probably. See ya'll then.
Lance

UGLY OLDS

Where does everybody try to park at Des Moines...?? I would like to stop by & say howdy..  :)  :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Mikej

Quote from: "Mikej"
Quote from: "36vicky"Mike,

Would like to see the whole gang again down in Lincoln, but Sue and I will not make it this year.  We will be out of state for a family retirement get together.  I was really looking forward to seeing Bob's new '34.  We are planning to make it to GG Des Moines (for Sat at least).  We'll watch for everybody then.  Enjoy and post lots of pics.  Tom G.

Tom, Oakland, Ia has a show on the 4th. It starts at noon. We are going to try and make it. I have to help set the parade up in Logan first. Maybe if you needed something to do you can stop by. Its a small show but has plenty of shade. I'll try to post for sure.

We did go to the Oakland show on the 4th. It was good to see Tom and Sue. We had a nice visit. We got 2nd which was a suprise. There were several nice cars there. One was a 32 sedan had been in theRod and custom in the 53 or 4.  It had been redone of coarse. Best of show went to a 37  2door slant back. Deep candy red paint. Did I say deeeeeep. Nice day and plenty of shade.

36vicky

Congratulations on your award Mike.  And thanks for inviting us to join you and Anita on the 4th.  We had a real good time.  I loved the shade, great cars (enough variety to please everyone) and good food.  

We also enjoyed our "tour" of Cass county, ha.  Got 16 gal of gas at the Atlantic Casey's for $2.759/gal.

You are right about the "cherry" paint job on the '37 Ford Tudor.  Super nice car too.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.