Americruise 2007

Started by Mikej, June 25, 2007, 10:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikej

Just wondering who all is going to Lincoln this weekend. Anita and I are going on Sat. only. This will be our first show of the year. We just finished our new house so we have a life again.

rumrumm

Because GG Des Moines is a week later, I have decided to go to Des Moines instead. Will you be in Des Moines?
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Mikej

We're not going to Des Moines this year.  Good-Guys has gotten to expensive for me. We only go for a day, so $65 is alittle steep. Plus $100 for gas.

EMSjunkie

Americruise is THIS weekend :?:  :?:

holy crap :!:  :!:

guess I'm not gonna make that one either :x

this "Supervisor" stuff is sure cuttin' into my hotrod time :evil:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

I am extremely busy at work but am planning 3-day weekends the next two weeks for Americruise and Des Moines GoodGuys.I don't have a hotel room yet and perhaps it's too late to find one.......If that's the case,I will drive down and back......might be fun to take a different car each day.

Mike.....I'll have the shade with me,looks like we'll need it!

Anybody heard from Bob (34 Ford) lately?He was planning to have his 34 ready for this year.....Just wondering if he made it? Bob....Are ya out there????

Lynn.....Look forward to seeing you in Des Moines!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

34ford

Hey Daryle,

Just came in from the garage at midnight. Been sanding and buffing on the car for the last month and half and putting everything back together. Even took off last Friday to work on it so it will be ready for the weekend. Man am I ever tired of doing this every evening and Saturday and Sunday for the last couple of months. Shouldn't have taken those knitting classes this winter and worked on the car instead. Should be able to make it Friday and plan on making it's maiden road trip to Des Moines next week. If you can't find a room we have a couple of extra rooms if you like to stay here. Time for bed. In Des Moines you might call the Best Inn @ 515-270-1111. They are at Metcalf and 80 on the north side. Right across the street from the Best Western you stayed at a couple of years ago and Bob K was there also.

Bob

btrc

Holy Smokes, Americruise is this weekend?  I guess I won't be going.  For some reason I thought it was towards the end of July.  I was planning to go if it was then but no way I can go just after BTTF.  You guys have a good time there.

Bob
Bob

couper

Who operates Americruise now? Is it Rod & Custom again or the other promotional company that did it for a couple years there? Haven't been back since things fell apart around 03 or 04 (?)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "couper"Who operates Americruise now? Is it Rod & Custom again or the other promotional company that did it for a couple years there? Haven't been back since things fell apart around 03 or 04 (?)

I believe it is still Rod & Custom. :?

but I could be mistaken :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

36vicky

Mike,

Would like to see the whole gang again down in Lincoln, but Sue and I will not make it this year.  We will be out of state for a family retirement get together.  I was really looking forward to seeing Bob's new '34.  We are planning to make it to GG Des Moines (for Sat at least).  We'll watch for everybody then.  Enjoy and post lots of pics.  Tom G.
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

Bob(34 Ford)....Thank You very much for the offer but the wife found us a room out near the Airport.....If I wasn't so damned busy.....Perhaps I could spend a little more time on the computer! Josh and I plan to arrive Friday morning but have decided to stay just through the afternoon on Saturday.We decided to sell our house and are going to give it a try without a realtor this time around so I'll be hosting an open house Sunday  :roll: I really look forward to seeing your car! Will they be having a Cruise Night at that Culvers near your house on Friday Night again this year??Not sure I can find it but I'll try.

Bob(BTRC) Sorry you're not going to make it this year.How was the 50's?Sure hope we run into each other sometime this Summer! Des Moines??

Tom,Too bad you and Sue can't make Lincoln but I'll look for you guys in Des Moines!

Lance,I think Rod&Custom is still a major sponsor but not sure if they own the event or if Family Events still has it.Will you be in Lincoln?If not,see you in Des Moines for sure!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Americruise is THIS weekend :?:  :?:

Vance

Ya but your a BIG wheel now Vance........ :!:  :!:
Ya know what dogs do to wheels :?:  :?:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:

Mikej

Daryle, what are you and Josh driving?

Mikej

Quote from: "36vicky"Mike,

Would like to see the whole gang again down in Lincoln, but Sue and I will not make it this year.  We will be out of state for a family retirement get together.  I was really looking forward to seeing Bob's new '34.  We are planning to make it to GG Des Moines (for Sat at least).  We'll watch for everybody then.  Enjoy and post lots of pics.  Tom G.

Tom, Oakland, Ia has a show on the 4th. It starts at noon. We are going to try and make it. I have to help set the parade up in Logan first. Maybe if you needed something to do you can stop by. Its a small show but has plenty of shade. I'll try to post for sure.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Americruise is THIS weekend :?:  :?:

Vance

Ya but your a BIG wheel now Vance........ :!:  :!:
Ya know what dogs do to wheels :?:  :?:
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:

I'm finding out in a hurry :shock: