CermaKrome- Could this be it?

Started by Mac, June 18, 2007, 09:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

I have an older Speedway catalog that lists CermaKrome but I see it's not on their website now. Found some references to it here with a search and a link to Tech-Line but the concensus was that it's no longer available.

I've gotten powder coating supplies from:
http://www.columbiacoatings.com/800fsgfdsg45etresgv566765ytrh567.htm

and they carry this coating that sounds very much like CermaKrome:
Water based, apply with detail gun, cure at 500 deg. polish with 0000 steel wool.

Sorry, I couldn't rig a direct link. Drop down the CERAMIC PAINT menu and click on CHROME
Who\'s yer Data?

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Mac"I have an older Speedway catalog that lists CermaKrome but I see it's not on their website now. Found some references to it here with a search and a link to Tech-Line but the concensus was that it's no longer available.

I've gotten powder coating supplies from:
http://www.columbiacoatings.com/800fsgfdsg45etresgv566765ytrh567.htm

and they carry this coating that sounds very much like CermaKrome:
Water based, apply with detail gun, cure at 500 deg. polish with 0000 steel wool.

Sorry, I couldn't rig a direct link. Drop down the CERAMIC PAINT menu and click on CHROME

Kind of looks like it.  Buy some and use it and let me know what you think  :twisted: .

I recently tried to find the stuff and couldn't and ordered more of the stainless paint for headers from Eastwood.  The first application lasted over 100,000 miles but didn't look great all that time.  Once it went away the headers started rusting.  They still seem sound, so I'm going to sandblast and try the stainless again and see if I can get a couple more years out of them.

c ya,

Sum

Jbird

Thanks for the link Mac, more powders to play with.

Sum, I bought two cans of Eastwoods SS header coating I used the first can right away with excellant results. The second can sat on the shelf for about ten months til I used it on MY OWN headers, no sheen, no gloss just dull battleship gray. Just shows ta go ya, read the can.   Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance