VIN on a 1951 Ford F3 Pickup

Started by midnight sun, June 18, 2007, 07:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

Anyone able to tell me where took for the VIN on a 1951 Ford F3 pickup?  Was it maybe on a tag somewhere in the engine compartment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

UGLY OLDS

Should be stamped on top of the left frame rail between the front cab mount & the front crossmember...Prolly closer to the crossmember...Sometimes inside the left frame rail in the area of the front spring hanger for the rear spring...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

The VIN will be on a tag screwed to the inside of the glove box door.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Inprimer

Quote from: "midnight sun"Anyone able to tell me where took for the VIN on a 1951 Ford F3 pickup?  Was it maybe on a tag somewhere in the engine compartment?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
My kid's F 1  has a vin # on the RIGHT side of the frame  ( on top ) about 6" before the firewall , try a fine wirebrush. I painted the area white then sanded the surface. the white in the stamped #'s  were then visible

midnight sun

Found it.  Funny thing is everything indicates its an F3 but the serial number starts with F2R.  Not sure if that means anything either but at least I have something to put on a title.

Thanks for your help.  It was on the passenger side frame rail about 6 inches back from the  crossmember.
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Ed ke6bnl

Quote from: "midnight sun"Found it.  Funny thing is everything indicates its an F3 but the serial number starts with F2R.  Not sure if that means anything either but at least I have something to put on a title.

Thanks for your help.  It was on the passenger side frame rail about 6 inches back from the  crossmember.

I have the frame vin but also there is one on the fire wall of the cab on the upper rt side. and the glove box

The first two digits identify the series.  F1, F2, F3, etc. from this website.

http://www.bonusbuilt.com/decoder.html  Ed ke6bnl
1948 F3, parts
1950 F1 SteetRod,
1949 F1 V8 flathead stocker
1948 F6 V8 SBC,
1953 Chevy 3100 AD pu future project& 85 s10 longbed for chassis
1972 Chopped El Camino daily driver
1968 Mustang Coupe
1998.5 Dodge 4x4 cummins 4door, 35"bfg,