What would you buy..

Started by Dave, June 18, 2007, 05:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"Maybe I have been spending too much time over on the HAMB board but..... it sure seems that the "Traditional" hot rod is very, very much in demand.  Not sure if it is a passing fad, or long term.

IF it were me, and I had your experiences, skills I would lean toward the Rat Rod world, buy something inexpensive.... do some fixes, changes that will get some interest and flip it., to some dopey Gold Chainer like me in the fall.

I would not go the Roadster route, more the gasser, Kustom.

Something like this....
 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189706

My two pennies

Good point Don.. Im looking for a deal and its gotta be flipable in the fall or spring. I am gonna follow thru on the roadster cause i have all the parts and Im sure i can make money again :lol:
Dave

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"Maybe I have been spending too much time over on the HAMB board but..... it sure seems that the "Traditional" hot rod is very, very much in demand.  Not sure if it is a passing fad, or long term.

IF it were me, and I had your experiences, skills I would lean toward the Rat Rod world, buy something inexpensive.... do some fixes, changes that will get some interest and flip it., to some dopey Gold Chainer like me in the fall.

I would not go the Roadster route, more the gasser, Kustom.

Something like this....
 http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=189706

My two pennies

Good point Don.. Im looking for a deal and its gotta be flipable in the fall or spring. I am gonna follow thru on the roadster cause i have all the parts and Im sure i can make money again :lol:
Dave

msuguydon

Dave to be clear,  finish the roadster you are working on, my comment about "not going the roadster route" had to do with the temporary "flip" car.

I think, and boy am I talking with no experience here, that a full bodied car will have a larger potential buying audience than a roadster.  So from a re-sale perspective, it might be a good idea to go that route.

Again, I am sure there are folks on this board that can bring more wisdom to the roadster vs. full bodied car debate.
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"How about...

Bryan I showed this to Sue and she just started laughing .. :twisted:
At least someone thinks your funny :?
Dave

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Dave

Okay, Okay.
I'll leave you alone to, as Jim Morrison sings it, "Wallow in your mire".
I'll be nice from now on, I pwomice... :!:
I just figgur'd that if ya' stayed pizzzed off at me, it'd keep you from gettin' ticked off at other things. But that's okay, kick me to the curb and throw me under the bus. Shoot me like a rabid stray dog. I understand.
I won't say nuthin' else... :cry:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Dave

But that's okay, kick me to the curb and throw me under the bus. Shoot me like a rabid stray dog. I understand.

I want in on some of this action 8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Dave

But that's okay, kick me to the curb and throw me under the bus. Shoot me like a rabid stray dog. I understand.

I want in on some of this action 8)  8)  :lol:  :lol:

Ha Ha Geeze Bryan I was just kidding. Come on if your picking on me your leaving everyone else alone  :?: (well most of em)
Dave :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance