Louisville nationals

Started by 348tripower, June 15, 2007, 11:48:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slocrow

There's just so much to say.........................I don't know where to start!
I think I'll have another beer and think about it.......some more.  :roll:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Nick32Vic

QuoteWhere I do have a major problem is when "Mr. Get up when the rooster crows" heads over to the grounds, and spots up about 6-7 chairs for his "wake up at the crack of noon buddies."

Hahaha. 2 years ago 2 of our former car club members quit our club because we wouldnt save there spots for them to get there at noon. We asked them why they didn't get there earlier they said "This is our vacation we shouldnt have to get up early"

Trucked Up

Nick32vic made it simple, or as another once said,"its as clear as the wart on the end of your nose."

These events are day to day events. That is why they lock the gate in the evening and re-open the next day.

But because NSRA, GG's, etc have turned a blind eye for years many have developed squatters syndrome. Now the event people have the nasty task of trying to clear this mess up.

I am just gonna set back and watch. 8)  8)
I wonder how it would feel "to wake up" one day as opposed "to come too"

couper

Just to clarify, when I said 'squat' a couple posts back, I mean for that day only. Making my nest if you will. Next day, it starts all over again.
This whole thread reminds me of a specific line in Ricky Nelson's 'Garden Party'.

AFI's top 100 movies was on TV last night. 'American Graffitti' was about 50th or so mid-way through the program. Tim Allen of Home Improvement fame was interviewed with his 32 deuce in the background.
Well, that's about it for me for a while.
40, hope to see you in Des Moines.?
Lr

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "Carnut"

60+ something yr old geezers, with failing eyesight, slowing reflexes and pending heartattack victims

To me, thats job security
8)
Vance

That's neat, but can you catch up with them :?:  :?:  :?: ( Or was it the "Goosing" part that got your attention  :?:  :?: :lol:  :lol: ) You aren't thinking about "branching  out" are ewe :?:  :oops:  :oops:

a Franchise possibility :idea:

I may be a little old, I may be a little rotund, but I am capable of short bursts of speed. 8)

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Interesting reading! My biggest pet peeve is with the guys that park their cars in the 'Power Parking" spots and leave them for the 3 or 4 days of the event.....often times not taking the car cover off of them until noon,if at all.This is particularly noticeable in Louisville where there are several hotels within walking distance.....They park on Wednesday before the event "officially" opens and then walk back and forth,often times not even starting the car until they get ready to load it on Sunday.Last year someone made up some mock awards that said something like "Best Car Cover" and "Best Lawn Chair" and put them on cars/chairs that had been left overnight. :D Is it a perfect world.......Nope,but a bad day at a car event still beats the heck out of a good day at work :P I'll continue to get up early if I want a good parking spot or sleep in and take what's left......either way,I'm going to have a good time!

Lance,I'm definitely going to be in Des Moines......Look forward to seeing you....it's been a while! Perhaps we can get a bite to eat one night.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Trucked Up

Sure would be a privilege to park beside any of you folks. As well get to meet you.

Save me a spot at the next event you are at........ :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
I wonder how it would feel "to wake up" one day as opposed "to come too"

Bob K

Quote from: "40"Interesting reading! My biggest pet peeve is with the guys that park their cars in the 'Power Parking" spots and leave them for the 3 or 4 days of the event.....often times not taking the car cover off of them until noon,if at all.This is particularly noticeable in Louisville where there are several hotels within walking distance.....They park on Wednesday before the event "officially" opens and then walk back and forth,often times not even starting the car until they get ready to load it on Sunday.Last year someone made up some mock awards that said something like "Best Car Cover" and "Best Lawn Chair" and put them on cars/chairs that had been left overnight. :D Is it a perfect world.......Nope,but a bad day at a car event still beats the heck out of a good day at work :P I'll continue to get up early if I want a good parking spot or sleep in and take what's left......either way,I'm going to have a good time!

Lance,I'm definitely going to be in Des Moines......Look forward to seeing you....it's been a while! Perhaps we can get a bite to eat one night.

Darrell:

See you in Iowa!!!!!!!!!!!!

B :b-d: B
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Rayvyn

I may be a little old

336 in dog years... :P  :P  :P  :D

I may be a little rotund

Classic Liberty Bell syndrome: Big crack, little clapper... :P  :P  :P  :D

But I am capable of short bursts of speed. 8)

Vance

Now there's an episode the Mythbusters haven't done yet... :!:  :P  :P  :lol:

Gotta go find a lawn chair that'll fit my carryon bag for Loovul... :-}  )bye(
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "jusjunk"I could be talked into running down for parts though..
Dave :lol:  :lol:

Or coming down to see me, you short dark and handsome mysteriously sexy biotch... :wink:  8)  :D

I think I just caused myself to gag... :P
***SFC-Team Smart***

Dave

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I could be talked into running down for parts though..
Dave :lol:  :lol:

Or coming down to see me, you short dark and handsome mysteriously sexy biotch... :wink:  8)  :D

I think I just caused myself to gag... :P

I know i just threw up a little in my mouth while reading that.
Dave :roll:

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: Rayvyn
I may be a little old

336 in dog years... :P  :P  :P  :D

I may be a little rotund

Classic Liberty Bell syndrome: Big crack, little clapper... :P  :P  :P  :D

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA :ha)  :ha)  :ha)  :ha)
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

alchevy

A few years ago, the folks in my group started getting to Louisville a day earlier after one year when we came back from picking up our registration on Wednesday morning and grabbed the last tree spot on the row next to the swap meet. We asked the folks beside us when did they grab their spot and were told the night before. So we went back on Tuesday the next year and got a decent spot along that fence row. Last year we did the same thing and it worked out great.

Then I read the first article in Street Scene about this situation and thought there was going to be a large amount of street rods at the front gate at 4:30 in the morning on Thursday.

I can remember leaving my town at 11pm on Tuesday night, meeting up with the group an hour later at midnight. Then driving through the night with only about an hours sleep since early Tuesday morning. The only thing we had going was when we got to the North side of Nashville, we would stop for breakfast at the Cracker Barrell around 6am. And it was starting to get daylight! Sometimes we would drive straight to registration on Wednesday. We were going on a high because we were "going to the nats". That's what kept us awake for all of those hours.

Sometime on Wednesday evening we would fall asleep and then get up at 4am to be out at the fairgrounds around 5am and get in line.

Then they open the gate......we get to a spot we like and I'm sitting there (can't even see my hand in front of my face because it's so dark still). But I'm at the Nationals and that's all that matters at the moment!

The first year I went to Louisville was 1999. Could only get off from work a few days, so 4 of us jumped in my GMC Safari minivan (I was fixin' to be bit by the street rod bug and the rest of 'um were building street rods at the time). We took turns driving the 11 hour journey. So hopefully only 3 of us slept at one time. I drove the first leg of the trip, then I handed it over to Billy. Well I woke up somewhere in North Alabama and I asked Billy how many miles we have been on this tank of gas and he looked at the trip odometer and said about 420something miles. I've only been a little over 400 miles in this thing on one tank! Well now you've been more. If you have ever been to this part of Alabama, you know that there is a dry spot for several miles without any gas stations and we had just passed one that we could of stopped at. Well we found one a few miles down the road.

Been going ever since to Louisville and like it has been said earlier we're not going to let this thing set us back at all.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Carps

Quote from: "Bob K"I am taking a break from the Nats for at least one year.

In the meantime I will enjoy my other vehicles at other events.
And I'm hoping to enjoy some of that with you, ya grumpy old bugger.   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I'l thank ya in person for that.

QuoteHave a great time at the Nat's, this will be only the third one that I have ever missed.

What's that old saying about "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"?   You will be missed.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

Rayvyn

Quote from: Carps
Quote from: "Bob K"

QuoteHave a great time at the Nat's, this will be only the third one that I have ever missed.

What's that old saying about "Absence makes the heart grow fonder"?   You will be missed.

It'll be easier walking around the BBQ area now. We won't have to worry about him getting lost in the grass and getting stepped on... :-}  :D
***SFC-Team Smart***