New Member Here...

Started by Lakota, June 13, 2007, 07:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lakota

Hey gang,

One of your members visited my website and left a question on my visitor sign in.  He didn't leave a way to contact him, but I was able to track him back to this site.  I looked around a bit and decided to join, now I'm a member.  Before I go on about me, let me answer his question.

GPster,
You asked me a question about why I preferred an 89 and up for an S-10 frame.  The answer is simple.  In 1989 they moved the engine over to the passenger side one inch. That one inch was needed for steering shaft clearance.  You'll need it if you decide to use an aftermarket or substitute steering column.  Also, they started using the ABS brakes.  If you're looking for a frame to use, get one that had a 2.8 or larger V6 engine.  The reason is the engine mounts.  The 1.9 and 2.5 4 banger mounts won't fit with any other engine, they are a booger to get out, and then you have to change them to a 2.8 anyways.

Ok, back to me.  Let me bring you all up to speed.  I have a 1952 Ford F1 that I mounted on an S-10 frame.  A lot of people were IMing me about the swap, so I decided to do a whole write-up with photos on my website.  For those of you that may be interested in the swap, my website is listed below.  Yes, I will post photos of my truck in the appropriate forum.  I'm hoping to hear some pros and cons from your guys and gals.

Lakota
My Website:
www.geocities.com/lakota_circle_dancer/swap1

KustomLincolnLady

Welcome Lakota, lots of fun people, good times and info here!! You will like it.

As for Joe, better be careful where you hang out, appears you can be tracked down easily, LOL  :lol:

Debb

Lakota

Thanks Debb,
How's the Fort these days.  I haven't been there in a few years.  I used to drive for North American Van lines.
My Website:

Rayvyn

Hiya Lakota, welcome aboard. Jump in and have fun.
I had a chance to stop by your website too. Great stuff. I've got a question for you about something I saw there, so check your PM's.
Rayvyn
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

GPster

I thought I had typed my Email address after my handle (GPster). Your message was forewarded to me but it's nice you ended up here. I think the motor (4.3 V6) is going to me so far back it won't make a difference if it's in the center of the frame. It will probably end up mounted on a new crossmember (handy dandy Speedway). People should visit your site and your S10/F1 notes to get a good feel for you. Welcome. GPster

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Lakota"Thanks Debb,
How's the Fort these days.  I haven't been there in a few years.  I used to drive for North American Van lines.

Its just Fort Wayne, ha ha  It's spreading out farther and farther all the time!!! Know a lot of people over the yrs that worked there. Where do you live now?

Debb

UGLY OLDS

Hi Lakota :!:  Welcome to the circus  :!:  :!:  It's a fun place to be..  :D  :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Lakota

I live in a little town called Elmendorf just 26 miles south of San Antonio Tx.  It's kind of small, only about 900 people, or about 250 families.  We had a library, but it closed.  They loaned out the book and it never came back.  Our post office has four postal workers now, two full time and two part time weekenders.  One delivers the mail and the other mans the desk.  The new police station is a new single wide trailer.  The jail cell is in the bathroom.  But we like it here.  Safe and quiet.
My Website:

Dave

oldbobsign

Welcome, Walt! :D

It's a pleasure to visit your website - much to learn and admire.  I'm looking forward to your future posts.

Larry

EMSjunkie

Welcome Lakota :D

nice to have another Texan aboard 8)

them boys from up north can be kinda frisky.......just don't stand too close :oops:

stick around, lots of good info and idears here :-o

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Welcome to the RRT......Friendliest Automotive site on the net!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"