New Heart For My Old Black Truck.

Started by 40, May 27, 2007, 02:03:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finally found the motor I've been looking for to replace the 6-holer in my old truck.I'd been looking for quite a while and decided to step up to the plate and go all out.......It's a 409,425hp dual quad clone that will be pushing 500+hp on 92 octane pump gas.I bought it from a high performance engine/machine shop in Pikeville Kentucky called Hi-Tech Racing.....anyone ever heard of them??I've really had second thoughts about molesting the old gal but it's time for a change......If you have to do a heart transplant,can't go wrong with an old "W" Fatblock,right?The motor should arrive in a week or so......Hope I don't change my mind and have to set it in the corner  :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Frank.....Planning to run a Tremec 5-speed behind it.....may have to wait for a bit though....I had to mortgage the ranch to buy the motor!

Rochie

Daryle,
you've got money you haven't even spent yet!!! That engine looks a lot better than the one you and I talked about.  Which Tremec are you going to run?
Wayne

Wayne.....The problem is that the only money I haven't spent yet is money I haven't earned yet! Most days I seem to spend it faster than this old body can make it! I am planning on running a TKO-600 and plan on leaving the original 4.10:1 rear in it for the time being. Actually,I got the old truck out last night for a drive after sitting for over 2 years.....It ran like I drove it yesterday.....I'm really having second thoughts about molesting the old girl! A gearhead friend of mine says I can bolt  that TKO600 right up to the stock bell housing on the 6 cyl,says it's the same length and wouldn't even require changing the driveshaft.Remove the stock shift linkage and make a new tunnel cover to accommodate the shifter and I'm on the road.I would then have all of the parts to put it back stock if I chose to at some point. Guess that 409 would make a nice garage ornament  :roll:

Husker

I remember that truck! It's the one we had to make the small detour to pick up on our way to Louisville a few years ago. LOL, detour to Buffalo NY.

I always ask where we are going now!

Husker

And that will look darn sharp in that rig!