Just Added To The Inventory!

Started by 40, May 19, 2007, 06:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This showed up in my driveway this week.It's a really solid 42K original mile car.....Been in storage over 25 years....and,it runs like it! Included with the sale was every registration since new with mileage at the time written on the back....pretty cool! Do we have any Flathead Gurus on here ?? I have a feeling I'm going to need some guidance to get this old turd operating dependably!!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

river1

you don't need to be messin with all that newfangled flathead technology. tell you what split the shipping with me and i'll take if off your hands. me being such a nice guy and all :wink:

later jim

ps that looks like a nice piece
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Dave

Gettin the old turd operating is easy.. * and some other stuff will work. You get that straight and get back with us and we will help you with the car. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:

Grandadeo

For all the flathead info you could ever hope for, and a good bunch of folks too - just like here, go to http://www.fordbarn.com/earlyv8/forum03/ev8forum.htm

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Dave....My wife says if I ever plan on bringing that rusty old thing near her.....she wants plenty of warning in advance so she can get a tetnus shot!  :P

Lee,I have already been on the Fordbarn site and have received lots of suggestions and help.I sent the carb off to Uncle Max to be rebuilt and I am currently sorting out the fuel and spark issues.You're right,lots of good folks over there!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

ragdol

'40, a friend of mine owns The Ford Barn in Hustisford, Wi. http://www.thefordbarn.com/ Brian is a young guy who was in the parts business for several years before buying this business. He knows his stuff, & is willing to help. check it out. He's good people. Larry.

UGLY OLDS

Nice Car...Proof that the " Gennies" are still out there :!:  :!:  :b-d:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

junkyardjeff

If that was mine the only things I would change would be juice brakes and a better gear in the rear and run the wheels off of it.  Jeff

tom36