Honda Ridgeline

Started by Brother Love, May 18, 2007, 09:42:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brother Love

Does any one here know anyone that has the Honda Ridgeline?  

I am looking at them and wanted the opinion of some one that owns one or has driven one.
Beep boop bop, I am a robot

Brother Love

Okiedokie

Actually I have two friends that have bought them. They both like them real well. I have ridden in one and it seemed to be a fine appliance. For me there is little to like appearance wise.

Brother Love

QuoteActually I have two friends that have bought them. They both like them real well. I have ridden in one and it seemed to be a fine appliance. For me there is little to like appearance wise.

I agree about the looks, but as I told my wife, I don't plan on riding on the outside of it and I don't spend a lot of time looking at the one I have now.

Did you happen to ride in the back seat?  I have read some concerns that it might not be that comfortable for adults.  That is my big concern for when I am hauling Fat Cat and Enjenjo around when they come to visit me.  They may be getting old, but they can still give a mean slap to the back of the head when they are agitated.

Brother Love

phat rat

Son to Enjenjo, brother to Fat Cat...I'm not bragging, just warning...

you have my sympathy :cry:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

58 Yeoman

QuoteThey may be getting old, but they can still give a mean slap to the back of the head when they are agitated.

I think you might want the 'police cage divider' option.  It also includes no inside door handles or locks on the rear doors.  Option number HPS209Z.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"Son to Enjenjo, brother to Fat Cat...I'm not bragging, just warning...

Mine too... Im glad im not in your shoes..
Dave :roll:

C9

One thing I've noticed with them is that access to the front of the bed from the side looks darn near impossible for anyone regardless of height.

A styling thing for sure, but running the side of the bed uphill almost to the roof strikes me as not the most clever idea Honda ever had.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "phat rat"Son to Enjenjo, brother to Fat Cat...I'm not bragging, just warning...

Mine too :(  :( ....Whew :!:  :!: ...I thought that I had problems...
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

river1

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"

Mine too :(  :( ....Whew :!:  :!: ...I thought that I had problems...

mine three!! no wonder you went west :lol:

Quote from: "C9"One thing I've noticed with them is that access to the front of the bed from the side looks darn near impossible for anyone regardless of height.

A styling thing for sure, but running the side of the bed uphill almost to the roof strikes me as not the most clever idea Honda ever had.

nothing pi$$es me off more then when someone throws a load over the side rails of my truck :x  :x  :x  invariably they drag it on the rail scratching the heck out of it. i always use the tailgate, that's what it is for.

of course i'm a little sensitive about my trucks paint as it is black which as you all know shows every little scratch.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

SKR8PN

Quotenothing pi$$es me off more then when someone throws a load over the side rails of my truck Mad Mad Mad invariably they drag it on the rail scratching the heck out of it. i always use the tailgate, that's what it is for.

of course i'm a little sensitive about my trucks paint as it is black which as you all know shows every little scratch.

later jim

I thought that ya bought a truck to WORK....not look at. :shock:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

river1

Quote from: "SKR8PN"
Quotenothing pi$$es me off more then when someone throws a load over the side rails of my truck Mad Mad Mad invariably they drag it on the rail scratching the heck out of it. i always use the tailgate, that's what it is for.

later jim

I thought that ya bought a truck to WORK....not look at. :shock:  :lol:

oh the inside of the bed is plenty scratched up, that is where the work is supposed to be done.  :roll:  i use my truck to work i just want it to look good while it is doing it. 8)

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Mikej

After you get one scratch on the side, its easier to do the the next one. The older I get the harder it is to lift things over the side. Why would you buy a truck that you think is  ugly anyway?

Brother Love

Quote from: "Mikej"Why would you buy a truck that you think is  ugly anyway?

The looks are secondary to me.  It doesn't figure as high in the purchasing equation.  If I thought it looked awful, I wouldn't buy it(Pontiac Aztek, I am looking at you).  

The Ridgeline isn't the prettiest truck, but it got a lot of great performance reviews.  Since I am going to be driving it and not kissing it, I don't think looks are enough to deter me from buying it. :wink:

Brother Love

Dave

Since I am going to be driving it and not kissing it, I don't think looks are enough to deter me from buying it. :wink:[/quote]

Thats why god created beer. i have seen a couple though that thankfully if i drank enuff to kiss em id die from drinking too much first.
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

J Man

have you looked at the Avalanche? They are a little bigger so it would allow for more room in the back. Also the new engines are the ones that shut down to 4 cyl when you do not need fill power to save gas. I think they are all E85 also.