Countdown to Springfield, MO

Started by alchevy, May 14, 2007, 10:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alchevy

The Mid-America Street Rod Nationals in Springfield, MO is less than two weeks away. May 25th - 27th, 2007.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

couper

I've talked to our local club prez' who after visiting with the suits at NSRA said we're 140+ pre-registrations higher than last year at this same time. Hope the fuel costs don't keep 'em all from coming. I'll be in my road-rashed little coupe like every year. Really looking forward to it.
Lance

Okiedokie

I am ready also. I had hoped to drive my 40 coupe to Spfld this year but did not make it. I will be in the 46 again. Is this the "rashy" coupe you refered to?

Okiedokie

Oh well, it was a neat photo. Don't know why I was unsuccessful at posting it. I will try again later. Joe

alchevy

This Week!

Going up there on Thursday morning. It's about an 8 hour drive. We'll have three street rods in my group: Donnie's '40 Ford Pickup; Earl's '37 Chevy Pickup; & my '40 Chevy 2-door Sedan.
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

phat rat

Better get it in gear I'm already in Branson.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Okiedokie

One more try for Lance picture.

WZ JUNK

My brother and I will be there.  I do not know what I will drive but it will either be the red 32 roadster or the old truck.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

couper

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"One more try for Lance picture.
Hey Joe...only a member of the Green Country Gang could have taken that picture! I was humbled to say the least with their clubs award.
What a great weekend that was at 'Ol Marais river run.
The weather this weekend still looks good after tonights long range forecast. Definete rain this thursday, but spotty sun and low rain chances the rest of the weekend.
Looks like I may be working the gate helping out the local club on friday, so I'll keep an out for the pictured rides. I'll be the beer bellied, gray haired, middled aged guy wearing a straw hat in a car shirt. Can't miss me.

Okiedokie

You are correct Lance, and you andyour car deserved it. Only give ot to real street rodders. I will look for you at the gate, I will be in my blue 46 Ford bus.cpe.  We are leaving this am to take a liesurely drive from Tulsa. That means stopping at several antique shops. See ya there, Joe.

alchevy

Made it to Springfield fine today. Rained heavey at times from Branson to Springfield. Went to pick up our registration at the host hotel down the street and saw some neat looking cars there. Ran into some old friends there. Going to the Grizzley tool open house thing tonight.
AL

www.astreetrodder.com

Beck

I'm leaving Fri am about 8. It's about a 3 1/2 hr drive for me. See everyone about noon. I'll be in my orange 32 highboy coupe.
No meeting spot picked out? I'll look for the banner.