Ramshorn Manifolds

Started by dv8, May 11, 2007, 03:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dv8

Hello,
While walking through a weed patch over the weekend I couldn't believe my good fortune when I found an engine with a set of ramshorn manifolds.   Can anyone tell me the years and which engines that Ramshorn exaust were standard items?
Thanks
CP

UGLY OLDS

Perhaps a photo :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

58 Yeoman

I know that 58's had them, and I think 57's also.  Later models in the 60's and 70's started adding mounts for various items like P/S, etc.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

model a vette

See if you can read the casting numbers on the manifolds and post them. I can look them up.
Ed

Carnut

how about

57-63 pass

57-72 truck

57-80 vet

brti

Funny how things go. For years we were told scap those manifilds then someone looked alittle closer and realised that the small valve heads with the rams horn manifolds would give you better bottom end power and performance. Next they'll be telling us to bolt the old quadraflush carbs back on.
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

Dave

Quote from: "brti"Funny how things go. For years we were told scap those manifilds then someone looked alittle closer and realised that the small valve heads with the rams horn manifolds would give you better bottom end power and performance. Next they'll be telling us to bolt the old quadraflush carbs back on.

I wish i had a q jet.. little bitty primaries for mileage and BIG secondaries for performance..  When working right they were great..
Dave

GPster

Quote from: "Carnut"how about 57-80 vet
If he found a se of those they would be valuable. I think the passenger car manifolds were for 2" pipe and the Vette manifolds were for bigger pipe (2 1/4"?). GPster

model a vette

The 2 1/4 manifolds were used on some higher hp motors on both vettes and "lesser" cars. A '64 Impala with a 300 hp engine would have the 2 1/4 manifolds.
Side pipes on 60's vettes can be ordered for either size.
Ed

Deuce

The straight down ones are fairly common, at least around here. The curved back ones are somewhat difficult to find. The Vettes ( some ) had the 2 and 1/2 inch ones on them. Really hard to find ... All the dirt track guys want them ... ( some of the lower classes require the use of a factory cast iron exhaust manifold ) and the 2 & 1/2 ones flow the best ...

RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

tomslik

might wanna lok a 1 ton and bigger trucks for the 2 1/2" rams horns too.....
they'll be cheaper than vette....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

dv8

Here is a photo, I wll have to get the Casting numbers off them tonight

dv8

[I can't seem to attach any photos of the manifolds but here are the casting numbers:  
RH    3932465        11CMT
L       3832476        L24

and they both have GM in the casting, whether or not it was stock was a 4 bbl alloy intake manifold attached to the block

thanks for your help....
CP

Dave

Hey Deuce .. Them chromed? Thats the same setup i have for the roadster . I do have stainless exhaust.. That is a sweet setup..
Dave :arrow:

model a vette

3932465 RH 327,350 69-70 pass car
3932469 or 3932473 would be the matching left hand manifold for the 3932465. They have an angled dump.

No listing for L 3832476 L24. Maybe you misread it? Perhaps it is 3932473? Does it have the angled dump?
Ed