47 interior

Started by Kctom, April 27, 2007, 08:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kctom

The 47 has been at the interior shop for a couple weeks now. Mostly mock up stage, He does have the overhead done so here are a couple shots for you to look at. More next week.

rumrumm

Looking good. I like those overhead consoles.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Okiedokie

Looking good! So has he glued foam to the roof and then leather[?] to that? Looks good that way, with no bow seams. Joe

Dave

I like.. I wanna see more pics of the car though.. Your teasing us.. I really want to see it on the ground with your wheel tire combo so get with it..
Dave :lol:

Kctom

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"Looking good! So has he glued foam to the roof and then leather[?] to that? Looks good that way, with no bow seams. Joe

no there is a 2" air space between the head liner and the roof. He had a foam board of some king and bowed it to fit. This guy really has some talent. Done 3 cars for me now.Not cheap but good.

Okiedokie

Anxious to see finished product. Joe

phat rat

Quote from: "Kctom"
Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"Looking good! So has he glued foam to the roof and then leather[?] to that? Looks good that way, with no bow seams. Joe

no there is a 2" air space between the head liner and the roof. He had a foam board of some king and bowed it to fit. This guy really has some talent. Done 3 cars for me now.Not cheap but good.

Good is never cheap and cheap many times turns out to be more expensive. I know one guy whose interior was redone 5 times, all because he tried the cheapest and kept having the same guy trying to make it right
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

UGLY OLDS

QuoteGood is never cheap and cheap many times turns out to be more expensive. I know one guy whose interior was redone 5 times, all because he tried the cheapest and kept having the same guy trying to make it right

28 years ago I took Mama to the sewing machine store when her "pump pedal" Singer gave up..( Honest...It was her Grandmothers..) He showed us "fancy this & fancy that", then I asked what he had that would sew naugahyde..He showed us a high dollar ,( for then), "Brothers" sewing machine...I sarcastically asked " What's the capacity" ???  He changed the needle , sewed 5 pieces of stacked leather belt together & handed it to me...I then asked "what about a warranty"??? He said 25 years..I said 25 years on what?? He said "25 years on the machine...No bs & no questions asked."..He pulled the front cover & showed me how this machine had a gear drive not unlike a lathe gearbox & no "belts or cams or cranks" like the other machines.... He threw in a free light & I handed him $2300.00 if I remember correctly...That was 5 cars & about 28 years worth of clothes, drapes, you name it ago....It had a gear chip a tooth about 10 years ago...Took it back..got it fixed..Just like the man said...No bs & no questions asked..( They quit making the machine 20 years ago..) Best money I ever spent...... :D
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****