ideas on why its starving out for fuel???

Started by wvcab, April 25, 2007, 08:57:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

Rust dosen't have to come from 'your' tank, it coulda come from the pump stations tank/plumbing or the transit systems tanks/plumbing.

Many years ago I was cruising on a motorcycle trip and had line clogging problems and many stops and drains. Found major pieces of shop wrag in the tank and pretty sure it had to have come from a fillup somewhere along the line.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "wvcab"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"
Quote from: "wvcab"

i dont know where the rust is from,

Ohio or Michigan :roll:

Vance

long ways to either of them places.....

Don't underestimate their powers :shock:

did you find any empty Gin Bottles, or was your lawn mowed, right before
the problem arose :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

junkyardjeff

I had a similar problem with my 65 custom 500 with a 302 and a points ignition,I let it sit all winter and when I got it out it would act like it was running out of gas but would only do it for a short time and then go on like nothing was wrong.  I checked the points and they looked burnt so I replaced them and it run fine for a week or so and then started to die again,I checked for gas in the carb and it had plenty so I supected bad gas and put in some water remover.  At the same time I moved the coil from off the intake behind the thermostat housing to on the head on the drivers side so it would get more air to flow around it,it has not acted up and I dont know if it was the gas or the coil getting too hot and I have smelled it being a little lean and with a holley 500 CFM 2 bbl seems wierd as it seems to have large jets but so far so good.  I suspect it was more the gas as I got the gas from a station that sat empty for a few months and then it reopened.  Jeff

brti

I've seen the suction line from the pump to the frame cause this. Under running conditions they can suck flat and look A-ok when oarked.
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later