Indy - Drag Races - Cruise-In, April 28 & 29, Nostalgia

Started by msuguydon, April 19, 2007, 04:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

I am a big drag racing fan.  I would like to let you all know about a very interesting event that will be held in Indy on Saturday and Sunday April 28/29.   8)

The NPCA Spring Nationals, this is a fledging Nostalgic drag racing association, only in there 2nd year, based in Indy.  I went to all but one of there shows last year.  Great Stuff.  

They are also hosting a cruise-in at the track, during the races. They will have a special parking area for the Cruise In and Show n Shine. They will park all the hot rods and classics on the asphalt area near the fence on the east side of the track, which is just north of the tower. The Race Director Jeff Lawson has two guys coming up from Louisville to help with this part of the event. Admission is $10 per day, per person. The Indy Hi-Winders Car Club and the Cluster Busters will have some their members out with their hot rods, and hopefully a few static displays of some old race cars. Any and all are welcome! Bring your cooler, lawn chair and enjoy the drags!

The TUNA Boat will be there and so will I

A couple of my pictures from last year.

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

Daaaaaaaaaaaam Don That sounds like fun.. I wonder if I can make it down and who would like to go with me ??? Ill work on that. Im waitin for some more 285 70 15 bfg's to get the 5 spokes back on the coupe but if the weather gets better i could ride the bike down.. If my roadster  sells on egay this week you all better watch out cause i could turn up anywhere..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:  :wink:

msuguydon

Dave if you like Drag Racing at all, you will enjoy this.  They also have the local bracket racing going on.  Here is the link to the NPCA site.

http://nostalgiaprocomp.com/

msuguydon

Dave

Quote from: "msuguydon"BTT

Don... Saturday is out and I really wanted to come down and get a room and leave sunday afternoon but Its not gonna happen.. Id sure like to meet you and look over the Barge.  :lol:  :lol: Ya you gotta quit using that  :!: As far as the trade for my roadster project im sure i cant come up with the extra 15k  to make the trade 8) .
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:
ps: Pics Pics Pics.... we need Pics

msuguydon

Sorry to read that you are not going to be able to make it down for the races.   As for the "Tuna Boat" name.  I just don't have a better name, maybe we should have a RRT naming contest.. Name the Tuna Barge.

And as for the trade, * straight you need to be bring some cash, Tuna Barges are hard to come by  :roll: