Need help looking for an old accessory

Started by 41woodie, April 15, 2007, 11:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41woodie

When I was in junior high school (many moons ago) the coolest car in town was a 39 Ford standard coupe with a 265 chevy in it.  It belonged to a fireman in Muskogee, Oklahoma and when he was on duty it was parked beside the fire station for all of the kids to drool on.  Hanging from the rear panel was a car club plaque for the "Quarter Horses - Kansas City".
Many years later after coming home from the service I found the coupe, bought it, spent a ton rebuilding it and finally sold it.  When I found the coupe the plaque was gone and I always wanted to find one.  Even though the coupe is long gone I'd love to find one of the Quarter Horse plaques to remind me of how stupid I was for selling the car.  Does anyone remember this club or better yet have a lead on one of the plaques, Thanks

Crosley.In.AZ

Looking for an old accessory ??

Ol Dave / jusjunk is around here some where??
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

Contact Obrien Truckers, he may have the pattern for that, he has many.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"Looking for an old accessory ??

Ol Dave / jusjunk is around here some where??

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Keep it coming lil buddy.. I can take it..
Almost went for a scooter ride this evening but i had to go postal and get my stuff at the post office i ordered for the scoot then i washed the wifes car so id get L%^*D.
Dave :arrow:

RottenRodney

There's a pitcher of yer plaque on the Interweb.  Search Rods and Relics Car Club Plaques and you'll find it in the index if ya haven't arready.  Somebody went to some trouble to put that site together.  Maybe you'll find some help there.  RR

rumrumm

Quote from: "jusjunk". . . then i washed the wifes car so id get L%^*D.

Wow, Dave! Washing her car works for you? All I get is a "thanks" for doing that. LOL!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dave

Quote from: "rumrumm"
Quote from: "jusjunk". . . then i washed the wifes car so id get L%^*D.

Wow, Dave! Washing her car works for you? All I get is a "thanks" for doing that. LOL!

Didnt work last Night Lynn :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Dave
ps: the new used grand prix sure looks good though.......

Leon

41woodie

Yeah I saw that on a website and the name is correct, but I seem to remember it was a side view of the horse instead of the face.  Of course I was in jr. high the last time I saw it and my kids are in their 30's now.  At least it's not the other end of the horse like my friends would suggest I deserve.

41woodie

Beggars can't be choosers I'd take whatever I can find and just figure that my memory is lousy.

Okiedokie

41woodie

Quote from: "Joe Gaddy"Amen on the other end!

Friends are such a comfort!