Started by Dusty, April 15, 2007, 12:30:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

Hey Guy's....I'm thinking about ordering one of these,
but I'm not sure my checkbook will have room for all
of the Zero's, it's gonna take....Nice car though.  It would
sure look good sitting on the Salt Flats, getting my picture
made in my "New Ride".......Whoda thought parts from those
3 years could come together, and so good?

Any takers for this Chevy? Unbelievable!  The company is planning a production run of about 100 vehicles.  Sits on a Corvette C6 chassis, front styled like a 57 Chevy, side like a 58, rear like a 59.  Hence the designation "789".
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Crosley.In.AZ

a single word comes to my mind.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

phat46

I saw it ove on the HAMB a few weeks ago, they ripped it up pretty badly over there. The front wheel well is wrong, but other than that I really like it....affording it, that's a different subject!   :lol:

41woodie

If you like it, and can afford it, get it.  Looks like a'57 Packard Hawk hung on a Vette chassis to me.

58 Yeoman

Like Phat46 said, the wheelwells are wrong, plus the wheels/tires are too big.  I don't understand the fascination with the big wheels.  Other than that, I think I could live with it.  I don't get vehicles to please other people, just myself.

I guess that's why people buy the Pontiac asstec; they like them, although I don't.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Like Phat46 said, the wheelwells are wrong, plus the wheels/tires are too big.  I don't understand the fascination with the big wheels.  Other than that, I think I could live with it.  I don't get vehicles to please other people, just myself.

I guess that's why people buy the Pontiac asstec; they like them, although I don't.

yea..... what is the large wheel thing?  Some cars look real stoopid with them.

we have some cholos with the huge tires on mid 80s maibu cars around the work place.
Tony

36vicky

Holy morphmobile Batman...

I thought the car he brought home in his lunch pail was a Caddy.

Maybe P. T. Barnum was right.

But with all that said, I kinda' like it (in those colors).
The Vicky Henry never built, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now, it won\'t be long now...  Tom G.

1FATGMC

Hey Benny neat car.  You going to be the first one to drive one throught Blanding on the way to the salt  :D .

c ya,

Sum

1FATGMC

............or..............

Dusty

I'm not sure Sum...I haven't asked Lillie about it yet...She thinks we are coming in the '38....
But I've heard that sometimes it's easier to seek forgiveness than it is to seek pemission.....

But then again I found out the other day that do what  ever the F___ you want to is not exacxtly what was meant!!!!
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "1FATGMC"............or..............

your created wheel opening on the front looks better than the rear of the OE design of the car.

Tony

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "1FATGMC"............or..............

your created wheel opening on the front looks better than the rear of the OE design of the car.

Only problem is that unless they pulled the wheels in a little you could probably never be able to turn the wheels sharp enough to park it  :cry:

Personally I like the side trim going all the way to the front.  Gives you a good line from the front to rear for the eye to follow.

c ya,

Sum

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"a single word comes to my mind.

8)

honda? :lol:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Crosley"a single word comes to my mind.

8)

honda? :lol:

ok , now 3 words come to my mind
Tony

rumrumm

It doesn't look bad from the front or the back, but from the side it is just butt-breath ugly in my opinion. It belongs with "things that should never have been" like the Gremlin, the Aztec, etc. Maybe I'm too opinionated . . . ya think?!! LOL!!
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com