Proportioning valve question

Started by Rob, April 11, 2007, 05:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob

May be a stupid question, but are the OEM (GM) combination/proportioning valves sensitive to their position.  In other words, do they have to be "right-side-up?  I'm installing one on my '37 after a ton of problems with my adjustable unit, but it would fit better and it would be easier to keep the lines tucked up against the framerails if I turned the valve on it's "side"

Thanks

Dave

Quote from: "Rob"May be a stupid question, but are the OEM (GM) combination/proportioning valves sensitive to their position.  In other words, do they have to be "right-side-up?  I'm installing one on my '37 after a ton of problems with my adjustable unit, but it would fit better and it would be easier to keep the lines tucked up against the framerails if I turned the valve on it's "side"

Thanks

I sure wouldnt think so.. Its a valve It should work at any position or angle in refrence to the earths magnetic fields. Ok im funnin there but i wouldnt worry..
Dave

Leon

The only problem I can think of is the possibility of air getting trapped in it.  Not sure if it can happen but with the adjustable I just took off I couldn't get my system bled with it in there.

mrloboy

As long as you can get the system bled completely, the position should not be a concern, Hydraulics is hydraulics. Rick