Started by oiler, March 27, 2007, 12:16:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oiler

The nailhead in the Tudor needs some induction
I've got 3 options that range in price and cool factor

option1- Hilborn EFI price 6k
option2-Retrotek 3 deuce EFI 3.5K
option3-3 deuces (rochester) setup by Automotion 2.5K

Every car I've owned has had a 4 barrel and I can afford something different with this car so I'm ignoring that idea I'm also not big on dual quads.
All ideas and opinions respectfully considered  :roll:
Thanks Jeff

donsrods

If your car is traditionally styled, option 3 for sure.  I know fuel injection is more modern, but I still like trips just the way they always were, especially in something as cool as a nailhead.

Don

Beck

Since I'm spending your money I'd get the Hilborn. There's lots of WOW factor there.

bowtietillidie

I would go with the Hilborn efi .  It is a handful to get set up but once it is set up you will think you are driving a new Cadilac.   very smooth trottle responce .   When you start it up just reach in and turn the key and it is  
running.  I have done six of these efi / eight stack conversions.  And had good resalts with all of them.  One word of warning this is not an easy conversion for the average mechanic .   But the up side is If you buy from BDS or one of the big distrubors you do all the mechanic work, than you hook up your car with the kit supplied  to your home computer .   Than you call Craig Railsbeck(owner) at BDS and he can download the correct programing for your instalation .     If you choose to do this you must deal with whoever you bought your EFI from as they will have Important info pertaining to your set up, that you gave them when you made your purchase
BOWTIETILLIDIE

Dave

Performance = Option 1
KOOOOOL!!! = Option 3
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

rumrumm

If you have the cash, definitely Option 1.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

sirstude

Nothing looks better on a Buick than Hilborn.  Take a look at all of Ivo's cars!

Doug
1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Normspeed

Oiler, loan me $20 til payday?   :roll:

hotrodbob

I'm cheap, but the 3 duce EFI would be cool. Good looks and better driveability. Hiborn is real cool, but wadda ya get for $2500 more other then the looks?
Hotrodbob
Have Mouth, Will Travel.
http://www.bob-beck-motorsportsannouncing.com/

Dave

Quote from: "hotrodbob"I'm cheap, but the 3 duce EFI would be cool. Good looks and better driveability. Hiborn is real cool, but wadda ya get for $2500 more other then the looks?

You get new style EFI and driveability.. Screw that 3 carb junk . Anybody thats anybody and knows sprint cars knows that hilborn is sweet lookin and now that they have a manageable efi system its for the street! I wish I had the cash for one.. I used to tune the old stuff.. Barrel valves and pills but now its real efi. Sure its converted but its still way cool .....
Again......
Dave

Dave

oh and if i was gonna do it id look for a staggered stack araingement to convert.. Ha Ha im getting a woody......
Dave :lol:  :arrow:  :lol:

river1

anybody got pics of each setup, so we can compare side by side.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Jokester

I've had three deuces before, so I'd vote for #2.  Get the visual of tri-power and the functionality of EFI.  Don't know anything about Retrotek, but the theory sounds good.

my 2 cents
To the world you\'re just one person; but to one person, you might be the world.

river1

pic of hilborn

best pic of Retrotek i could find

pic of 3 deuces

what is the style of the tudor?

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.