window help 32 coupe

Started by Daveyboy, March 26, 2007, 09:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daveyboy

Ok it's time to do my door glass and need window regulators.
I have a glass coupe. What all do i need to get Reg. glass setting channels,window channels,
I know some of you have dont this.
So tell me what i need and who has the best stuff and price.
I dont want elec windows
thanks Dave

enjenjo

Does the manufacturer of your body have any of this stuff? it would probably be the easiest way to do it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Beck

I don't know of anyone that makes a setup to put in manual windows.
The electric would be easier to install. They do not have to get the spacing right to reach from the window crank to the regulator. If your glass car is like most you will find even the electric motors will mount slightly different from side to side. It seems one motor is always in or out further in the door. They can be a real pain to do super neatly. Looking down in the door through the open glass is always a good way to tell the real quality of a car. The outer fuzzy doesn't line up on some. Some don't have the inner fuzzy or rubber to stop the wind from leaking into the interior. I bought my glass body with the door glass installed. I wasn't happy with the "factory" job and tore it all back out and started over. The door will not have the right gap around it for the glass channel. Some places it will be too deep and others it won't be deep enough. Tools of the trade are an air cutoff tool to grind inside the glass channel, body filler with a narrow spreader to fill inside the glass channel, 3M window urethane to glue everything in place when you finally get it right. Hope you don't have finished paint on the doors yet. That makes it nerve racking.

Dave

Davey.. Im supprised your coupe didnt come with power stuff already installed :?: Oh ya I forgot to get them pics again ive been busy tearing the roadster apart. Now back on the windows. Id bet your not gonna find the stuff for manual windows. Is suggest specialty power window stuff. It aint cheap but its pretty nice stuff. You will still need window track stuff and fuzzys to keep the glass from getting cracked. I dont know what kind of access panel you have in your doors but your gonna have to make bracketry to hold everything.. Be ware your not gonna have much fun when it comes to windows...
Good Luck
Dave :arrow:

Daveyboy

Well my car has the channels in the doorsto hold thef elt channels in but no regulators. So i think i am going to ry stock reg and stock glass setting channel the thing that hold the glass and the reg. and see what happends.
Wish me luck!!! i hate elec windows lol :shock:  :shock:  :lol:

rumrumm

Check with your body manufacturer because RatRodMac had one h3ll of a time trying to get mechanical windows to work in his glass body. I think he eventually gave up and went with electric windows with crank-style actuators.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Daveyboy

Ok i hear they are from Vintique"  !!
WHO HERE SALES from  them or where do i go?