I need your advice

Started by Carps, March 24, 2007, 12:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carps

Since many of you here have had some experience in such matters, I thought I should seek your advice on what may end up being a life chaging decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an
affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She
started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask
which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks up from the end of the street and I can hear a car taking off from there. Seems as if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?

Last week I picked up her mobile phone, just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her. Anyway, I've never approached the subject with her probably because deep down I just didn't want to know the truth.

However, last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I figured I should hide behind my car which would give me a view of
the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of.

It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around the rear wheel arch. Should I take it into a panel repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local Autobarn or Repco parts shop and try to repair it myself?
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.

enjenjo

Take it to a panel shop. at the rate you repaired the 33 you would be a great grandfather before it was done.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

brti

A fellow must have priorities in his life...............................first and above all,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, fix the rust.

One time this guy passed me on his motorcycle. His T-shirt said, "if you can read this the * fell off".
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

58 Yeoman

Here in the midwest rust belt, we just let it go...less car to wash or wax.  BTW, works the same with the women.... :wink:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

You probably need to nip this in the bud...buy a tupperware care....end of problem.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

Yoemans right...Here in the rust belt we call that a "vent".....I helps cut down on the moldy odor in the trunk..... :lol:  :lol:  Now...About this affair you're having with a cab driver........... :shock:  :shock:  :shock:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Ohio Blue Tip

Just do what we do in Michigan, let it go 8) , most of us are old enough that we can't live long enough for the rust to do any major damage. :lol:
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "phat rat":lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Yaaa,  what he said :!:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

SKR8PN

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Just do what we do in Michigan, let it go 8) , most of us are old enough that we can't live long enough for the rust to do any major damage. :lol:

No.......what HE said!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Beck

It sounds like your going to have a race car. It's getting lighter.

Quit waisting your time in the street and get the panel fixed.

dragrcr50

But , is the taki rusty also????  or perhaps you were crouched behind the taki instead of your own car???     :shock:
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

brti

Quote from: "Carps"Since many of you here have had some experience in such matters, I thought I should seek your advice on what may end up being a life chaging decision.

I've suspected for some time now that my wife has been having an
affair. The usual signs. Phone rings, I answer, someone hangs up. She
started going out 'with the girls' a lot recently although when I ask
which girls it is always "Just some friends from work, you don't know them".

I always look out for her taxi coming home but she always walks up from the end of the street and I can hear a car taking off from there. Seems as if she has got out of the car round the corner. Why? Is it not a taxi?

Last week I picked up her mobile phone, just to see what time it was and she went beserk and screamed that I should never touch her phone again and why was I checking up on her. Anyway, I've never approached the subject with her probably because deep down I just didn't want to know the truth.

However, last night she went out again and I decided to check on her. I figured I should hide behind my car which would give me a view of
the whole street so I could see which car she gets out of.

It was whilst crouched behind my car that I noticed rust around the rear wheel arch. Should I take it into a panel repair shop or should I buy some stuff from the local Autobarn or Repco parts shop and try to repair it myself?

This is the best posting ever,,,,,,,,,,,,thanks
what\'s that noise,,,,,, never mind I\'ll check it later

Jbird

Hey Carps, I talked to your wifes' "taxi driver", he told me to tell you that the rusted wheel arches are repairable and should be taken care of asap.
He doesn't think he'll be your Mrs "taxi driver" much longer as he spotted her flirting with a "bus driver" recently.  Best of luck with the rust problem. Jbird 8)
A biblical plague would come in real handy just about now
Badges? Badges? We don\'t need no stinking Badges!!
Team Smarts official dumbfounder
The first liar ain\'t got a chance

Franky

Is it ever goin to cool down up here!

CHEERS Fireman Franky