Seems the Japanese have better drugs then us

Started by Auto-Part, May 01, 2004, 06:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

Now we're being invaded here, too. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Sean

Quote from: "Leon"Now we're being invaded here, too. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

And he even suggested that we enjoy it. How nice of him.... :roll:

58 Yeoman

I know why they use blackwall tires on all their cars....with all the negative camber, they have to switch them from side to side every other day. Those trucks at the end have more lights on them than my slot machine. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Coleman396

I have to wonder how anyone can think we could possibly "enjoy" looking at that bunch of Japanese garbage!
Why would you even waste the time on that stuff?

Jimc

Quote from: "Auto-Part"Just check out the following link enjoy

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1364258

Just tell us, is this and the Babes in Ricerland, the style posts we are likely to see from you?
Come on, we can take it.

Nah! we can not. There are forums for that, as your above link shows.
Apparently, you are familiar with it.
Life in the fast lane aint so great. Just ask the opossum

47wood

Auto Part,

From your first two post ...it's starting to look like you're a little out of your comfort zone, zip code, and maybe even league here on the RRT.  There are probably plenty of forums that would put a star on your chart for enlightening them with this info.  But I think the RRT is trying to expand the knowledge base on good ole' hot rods.  Have a great day! :lol:
Great Grandma Lee always said;  FAIR  ...is something you pay when you get on the bus!

Pep

Geez you guys are a bit harsh...I look at anything on wheels and this sure shows me how car guys think in other countries...I'd guess  to create some of those creations would take as much ability and knowledge to build as many rods and customs we are attracted to  Don't forget, they don't have the luxury of free reign as you guys have. They have very strict laws to comply with and it appears they still achieve some pretty amazing cars...I will admit, some are not my liking, but some look pretty cool.
See Ya
Pep

Charlie Chops 1940

Out door automotive entertainment - WOW - those boys does it with some real enthusiasm. I saw a few bad-boy racers in there that I could live with. I'm not sure I understand the why of some of the embellishments, but I suspect the Japanese automotive hobby is pretty young campared to ours and apparently pretty fully homegrown. My guess is that most of those guys with the highly modified cars are faced with a lot of use problems as they are probably highly illegal in Japan.

If you take a serious look at the car hobby  in the U.S. I think you will find that the hard-core hot rod guys like us are just a little bump in the road...good reason to hang on hard to what we like, but not a reason to make fun of everyone elses fun.
Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

purplepickup

This is probably none of my business but I just want to make a comment.  I don't think the harsh remarks made here were intended to slam the import crowd.  When auto-part started this thread he also started a couple of others that became increasingly disrespectful which ended up with his privilege to post being withdrawn.  Some of his posts were deleted also. When taken in context of all that was going on at the time I understand why the replys seem offensive.  They were directed more to the poster than the subject.  

As car guys I think we all respect the ingenuity that it takes to do what the import guys do.  And I agree with your post Charlie....us car people don't need to segregate ourselves into little groups that bicker about our opinions of what is cool.  If and when environmental or safety regulations threaten our hobby we will need the numbers of ALL automotive enthusiasts to speak together as one group.
George

GPster

George, I nominate you as Chaplan of the RRT. You always have a very nice way of looking at the turmoils that face each of us. The loss of a loved-one, parent, dog, in-law (not necessarily in that order) or an injury to our selves or our cars always is mentioned by you in some way.  You can preside over the "Breaking of the ............. flip top of the first can of beer at all of our gatherings. GPster

purplepickup

Thank you Joe, but you don't want to see me in charge of anything.  My expectations probably exceed reality. :shock:  

And as far as saying a few words over the first beer popped, they would always be the same......"It's got to be noon somewhere."
:b-d:
George

34ford

I read your post this morning and thought the same thing yet did not say anything. I too appericate your words of wisdom at times concering car items and other things. Know I don't usually say much but hats off to you George. Maybe our paths will cross some day.

Bob

TooMany2count

Auto Part is a moron, he has been kicked off at least 4 other boards because of its BS crap. &&& from what I have seen of AutoFart it will go from bad to worse in no time.. so just as a warning it'll go down hill fast now  :roll:  :roll:  :roll: .....joe
for once in your miserable life do something worth while... go Donate Blood, Plasma or Platelets cause the life you save may be someone ya know & love, sign that Donor Card too..

HotRodLadyCrusr

2Many, he's "gone" already so we don't have to worry about it here any longer.

FartCat doesn't mess around  :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.