edelbrock 600 vs holley 600vac for 671 blown sbc

Started by Franky, March 22, 2007, 01:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franky

Hi guys just wondering if anyone has used E-carbs on a blower,if so is there much difference performance wise......... looking for tempory set up until the efi is sorted out, it seems holleys are tried and proven. Just after peoples thoughts
Cheers Franky
Is it ever goin to cool down up here!

CHEERS Fireman Franky

rumrumm

I had a 355 sbc with a 144 B&M blower in my previous street rod. I could not make my 750 Holley perform like I wanted and switched over to a 750 Edelbrock. It was much more street friendly. I don't think you would have any problems as long as you don't tromp on it hard. You sure don't want to go lean on hard acceleration with a blower.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

e83w

I had an Edlebrock on my blown V-6 and on the dyno it was running out of fuel at 4000 rpm due to the power valve in the carb closing. I went to an actual blower carb (Holley) with the boost reference in it. It is way to scary thinking about leaning out a blown engine.
The Holley seems all good now, but I am back to the dyno once the snow is all gone from here in Canada. We will see if it was really worth the extra outlay of cash.

Russ
Ifn\' it aint Blown, It sucks!

Franky

Yeah I am concerned about leaning out as well, I spoke to Edelbrock tech guys and the web site gives you a pretty good base to start with, 2x 600's have run street setup 440's.... so I'm thinking the 355 will have plenty of fuel to still give her a run down the quarter.
Is it ever goin to cool down up here!

CHEERS Fireman Franky

1FATGMC

Quote from: "Franky"Yeah I am concerned about leaning out as well, I spoke to Edelbrock tech guys and the web site gives you a pretty good base to start with, 2x 600's have run street setup 440's.... so I'm thinking the 355 will have plenty of fuel to still give her a run down the quarter.

You might not want to spend any more money, but Innovate's wide band O2 sensor and data logging might save you a bunch.  We use one to monitor the air/fuel on Hooley's b'ville Stude and I feel it has saved us a motor.

It can also be set up to data log rpm, boost, egt, throttle position and more.  Once you have something like this you will always have one.  Hooley is setting it up on his new drag car also.  It is easy to move from car to car for tuning.

c ya,

Sum

bigdude

Quote from: "Franky"Yeah I am concerned about leaning out as well, I spoke to Edelbrock tech guys and the web site gives you a pretty good base to start with, 2x 600's have run street setup 440's.... so I'm thinking the 355 will have plenty of fuel to still give her a run down the quarter.
I am running 2-500 edelbrocks on mine I have 2-600 holleys I took off because of the richness it was running.