I love cars..

Started by Dave, March 21, 2007, 08:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Sue came home last night and shut the malibu off and came in the house.
This morning she woke me up complaining that the check engine light was on  :?:  Great,,,,, all a ok yesterday and now not so good.. I checked it again when i came to work thinking maybe after it was driven and shut off it might go off. Ive seen this happen before.. Nope still on. Lets see .. Fuel cap is tight but ill re seat it when i leave today. She did get fuel saturday so it could be a fuel thing as in bad or not so good fuel. May have to run er down and refuel and drive it a whilke and see what happens. Other than that it could be time to stop at the stealer and have it checked with the scan tool..
Dave

BFS57

Hello;
Yeah, had the same thing happen. We have a 02 Trailblazer and my wife was crazy to take it to a shop because the Check Engine Light was on. I read the owner's manual and it stated to check the gas cap. Found it loose and tightened it. The light didn't go away right away but the next day she said the light was off!
At least my wife knows where the gas goes in at!

Bruce

My wife knows where the gas goes as well,unfortunately......she also knows how to use my credit card to pay for it  :roll:
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

phat rat

Quote from: "40"My wife knows where the gas goes as well,unfortunately......she also knows how to use my credit card to pay for it  :roll:

There's a cure for that. Get her a card of her own :wink:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Sue drove one of my old trucks and stopped to get gas one time and she didnt get the cap on tight. She got about 1/2 mile down the road and the light came on. She pulled off the orad and read the manual then got out tightened the cap and went on. She knows that trick :!: Im gonna drive it today to the doctor and ill reseat the cap just because and im also gonna stop by the dealership. Im not gonna have it checked yet im gonna look at another car  :!: this thing has almost 90k on it and since sue makes a lot of trips to ft wayne and back 2 hours 1 way id like her to have a good dependable ride. i really dont want another payment but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I cant have her driving that distance with the grand daughter in the car and not feeling good about the car. Ya i can go for another year or 2 i suppose but then again i can trade it off now and be done with it. Its been a pretty good car but i have been adding water 2 times a year and I never really got around to finding out where its going :?: Ive been afraid to really look :lol:
Dave

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "40"My wife knows where the gas goes as well,unfortunately......she also knows how to use my credit card to pay for it  :roll:

What?????????? Like she has her own money. :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

slocrow

Hey Dave, are you sure it's the check eng light? Maybe it's another icon, like the change oil light.............Frank

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"Hey Dave, are you sure it's the check eng light? Maybe it's another icon, like the change oil light.............Frank

This one aint fancy enuff for that Frank.. thanks for thinking for me though :lol: A guy at work was just telling me the story about his wife calli ng him at work and asking how much oil the car took. He told her 5 qts and hung up. He got thinking and called her back.. Yup it said add oil on the stick so she put 5 qts in it. :lol: he told her not to drive it till he got home :D  :D
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"

Yours doesn't?  :shock:  :(

slocrow

WOW, it must have taken her all day to get 5 qt's in through the dipstick hole. I assume she was doing it in the drive too......... :lol:

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"WOW, it must have taken her all day to get 5 qt's in through the dipstick hole. I assume she was doing it in the drive too......... :lol:

go read your mail

slocrow

Quote from: "slocrow"

Yours doesn't?  :shock:  :(
NO! We just have the general fund. She has half of what I've got and I of course have 1/2 of what she has, ......................which is of course, 1/2 of what I had. :roll:

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"NO! We just have the general fund. She has half of what I've got and I of course have 1/2 of what she has, ......................which is of course is 1/2 of what I had. :roll:

WTF   where is this going :?:  :?:  :?:
Dave

slocrow

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "slocrow"NO! We just have the general fund. She has half of what I've got and I of course have 1/2 of what she has, ......................which is of course is 1/2 of what I had. :roll:

WTF   where is this going :?:  :?:  :?:
Dave
OK, so I've corrected my response post to Jack to include the for going messages, so that  :? Dave can follow along............ :lol:
By the way, I think I see my brake light on.......................... :roll:

GPster

Quote from: "jusjunk"this thing has almost 90k on it and since sue makes a lot of trips to ft wayne and back 2 hours 1 way id like her to have a good dependable ride.  :lol: Dave
Give her keys to the coupe and the Harley. Maybe you could use the roadster for a "down payment"? GPster