Autorama.. My View..

Started by Dave, March 11, 2007, 10:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

I read all the crap on the HAMB and all I can say is WOW.. as far as the ridler award cars .. Some i liked some I didnt. I got a few pics and as sue and i were looking at one i didnt like his evening before we left It caught on :?:  :?: You had to see the other side of it.. As far as the whole deal.. Kids dont go to the basement because id like you to live a full life :!:  There was some scary stuff there. Dangerous stuff. There was some cool stuff too. I was kinda upset that the 40 roadtser deal that lobeck was involved in didnt make the great 8.. I guess it wasnt liked .. I dont really care for lobecks additude but he had dinner right accros from sue and i and and he was civil   :lol:  He hasnt really done anything to me but shun me when i wanted a price on a frame.  Guess i looked like i was broke 8) .. Any way  troy won.. Cool car and lots of cool stuff on it along with money money..  I Drove my car down the street and into the trailer and that was cool cause 3 years ago it wasnt really road worthy and i drove it too :!: Everyone is home safe .. Ill post my pics this week........
Dave
ps: im ready to finish the roadster too.........

EMSjunkie

So........tell us how ya REALLY feel :lol:

glad ya got to put some miles on yer Coupe before puttin' it back in the trailer :P

even more glad yer home safe and sound :D

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

ChevyGirlRox

Lobeck did make the Great 8, he built the car for Sam Magarino (#1600).  See it on the Street Rodder website here:

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/events/0703sr_2007_great_8_ridler_award/

I really liked that car as well.  I would have liked to see it win.  But I did like Troy's too.  I am glad to see something that looked like a real, steel car actually won this year.
I can fly!

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Dave

Quote from: "ChevyGirlRox"Lobeck did make the Great 8, he built the car for Sam Magarino (#1600).  See it on the Street Rodder website here:

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/events/0703sr_2007_great_8_ridler_award/

I really liked that car as well.  I would have liked to see it win.  But I did like Troy's too.  I am glad to see something that looked like a real, steel car actually won this year.

Ok thanks.. I didnt see the sign I guess..  
Dave
i JUST LOOKED AND YOUR RIGHT.. DAM CAPS LOCK I walked around that saturday and i sure didnt see the sign like everyone else had???

kb426

TEAM SMART

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "jusjunk"I walked around that saturday and i sure didnt see the sign like everyone else had???

Maybe your cocktail was blocking your view?? :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Husker

I enjoyed the show, the highlite was meeting so many of the folks I see posting here regularly.

I have a slug of photos I will be posting on my local site as soon as I get a chance.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I walked around that saturday and i sure didnt see the sign like everyone else had???

Maybe your cocktail was blocking your view?? :lol:

Sorry but there was no sign when i looked and the other cars had them
Dave

Husker

Not all the signs were put out right away, I made a couple of trips to figure out who the 8 were.

Dave

Quote from: "Husker"Not all the signs were put out right away, I made a couple of trips to figure out who the 8 were.

I looked 3 times my self and never saw it.. Too bad we didnt get to meet.. Or did we???????????
Dave :arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:
ps: i never got drunk all weekend.. just ask my wife.. :lol:

Husker

I made the Thursday and Friday meet and greet in the basement. And I spent a lot of time sitting at Jim Sheldons 56 Olds. That is one sweet ride!

slocrow

Quote from: "jusjunk"I was kinda upset that the 40 roadtser deal that lobeck was involved in didnt make the great 8.
The last two were picked, late. As I understood, they picked 6 right away and held the last two in abeyance while final decisions were, dare I say, being negotiated. The rumor that some builder was known to have thrown a hissy fit in the past when "he" wasn't chosen, should not be construed to imply that "he" may have still been in contention after 6 pics nor that the judging team wanted some flexibility.
No, it was probably that there was just more nice cars left then positions.
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Dave

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "jusjunk"I was kinda upset that the 40 roadtser deal that lobeck was involved in didnt make the great 8.
The last two were picked, late. As I understood, they picked 6 right away and held the last two in abeyance while final decisions were, dare I say, being negotiated. The rumor that some builder was known to have thrown a hissy fit in the past when "he" wasn't chosen, should not be construed to imply that "he" may have still been in contention after 6 pics nor that the judging team wanted some flexibility.

Thats why we didnt see the sign then.....
Dave

unklian

Quote from: "slocrow"

Credibility can be a fragile thing.

dragrcr50

Kool, I read on the hamb how crappy it was , he said he only like a few cars ... I figured the rest had paint and were actually neat hot rods... those 5 dollar guys just dont get it .... glad you enjoyed it , I always enjoy car shows period as its better entertainment than most anything else on any given weekend, ie. home show etc haha........
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,