Best time I've ever had, at the Black Dog Garage.....

Started by zzford, March 04, 2007, 07:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzford

Well, maybe not the best time, but certainly among the top ten. Hopped in the coupe yesterday AM and headed North to attend the annual Black Dog Garage BBQ and gathering of the faithful. Tom Pesula is the owner of the Black Dog garage. He with help of a number of his cronies threw another event of staggering coolness at his world class home garage. I don't know exactly how many were in attendance, I would guess somewhere between a whole slew and a big ol' mess of rodders. Many way cool cars were present, both old familiar units and several brand new unseen by these old eyes. All so very cool. Of course the ubiquetis Granddadeo was present. The BBQ food was fantastic but the best part of the whole she-bang was the guys in attendance. Everyone a hard core rodder. Cars ran the gamit of customs, muscle cars, but far and away the style most represented was the street rod. It was so nice to mingle with your honest-to goodness peers. Most car events don't offer this feature and it made for a very special event. Present, were many of the legends of Florida rodding. Thanks again to Tom and all the rest of the crew that made this such a special, special event. Fred Baum

Grandadeo

Glad you had a big time Fred, we all did.  The car number we think was 48, which is about as close as you can get to the 50 invitations mailed out, (I never think to get a count until after a few cars have left).  My task is to get the cars to park in every knook and cranny so we can get everybody in and off the street and it worked again.  As I was telling somebody before the event, It's the people that make this such a great day, and the cars are a nice addition.  Normspeed is packing his bag right now for the flight back to SoCal in the morning.  Here are a few of the cars that were there.
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

Grandadeo

Grandadeo

Normspeed

My thanx to Grandadeo and Tommy (Black Dog) Pesula for getting my butt out to Florida for this event.  It was something to see.  Here are a few of my favorite shots.  Apologies to you guys on dial up but hey, I had to upload 'em on dialup.  This could go on all night...