Wheel ID

Started by Burnout, March 02, 2007, 12:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnout

First post here, been lurking for awhile.  Working on my first rod project a 34 International.  I have 3 wheels that came with my project so I need one more for a set.  They are 17 inch wheels with 5 x 4.5 bolt pattern.  I looked for any markings or stamping for ID but could not find any.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks
Scott

enjenjo

I'm thinking Mopar, Dodge in particular, about 1933. And I may have one. I'll take a look.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Frank has everything.. He is a little short on brains but man has he got parts :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :wink:

Just kidding Frank :)

Burnout

Thanks for the replies guys, yeah I think it might be a dodge wheel.  One of them still had a plymouth hub cap.

enjenjo

Quote from: "Burnout"Thanks for the replies guys, yeah I think it might be a dodge wheel.  One of them still had a plymouth hub cap.

I'll dig through the wheel pile. I know I had a pair, but one was rusted out. I think I still have the good one.

enjenjo

I found that wheel if you still need one.

GPster

Quote from: "enjenjo"I found that wheel if you still need one.
Send him both of them. With thread-in spokes they might be Kelsey Hayes wheels and if he had the center he could use it to make his spare tire. Ford used 17" wheels in '33, '34 but I do not know if they used Kelsey Hayes during those years, If they did I would not be surprised if they had the same spoke count you could re-lace the center into a different rim. That would make him a matching spare  and keep your city fathers happy to see you cleaning up your yard. Just trying to see if I could still type. GPster