Hey Detroit area.......wanted, this old gasser.....

Started by slocrow, March 01, 2007, 09:32:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "Roadstar"Ok here it is, come on how many 56 Chevy gassers with straight axles could they have made. :P
Naaaa, that appears to be a 150 but hey, thanks for the help :P

But after 30 odd years someone may have filled the trim holes. Probably not likely but possible
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "tomslik"i had a 210 2dr post that i put a .060 283/4speed/4;88 gears in...
i learned that the firing order is backwards compared to a ferd....
2 big fireballs out of the tunnel ram;)....
:lol:

my engine was bigger.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

slocrow

Quote from: "phat rat"But after 30 odd years someone may have filled the trim holes. Probably not likely but possible
I think Roadstar was just being rambunctious. That's not the car with those hairpins and narrowed rear but even if it was and changed like you implied, how would I know?
I was kind of hoping that the buyer may have just lacquer thinnered off the names and raced it in it's black & white colors for a while and that somebody may have remembered the car, for a lead. Maybe it was still around, buried.
But hey, you won't know unless you ask............................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Ohio Blue Tip

Hey Frank,
I think I have that car in my storage garage.  Please send $1000.00 deposit and I'll dig it out.  Please make the check out to my initals C.A.S.H.
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Charlie Chops 1940

Hey Frank,

Send that deposit to me, and I will arrange transport...I'm OBT's agent. Make the check for $1500 and I'll give him his $1000.

Nick Nigeria
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

Don't send money to either one of them Frank. Their scammers :shock: . I'm the one that can get it for you and I'll only need $950 but make the payment out for $5000 and after I cash it I'll send you back any that's left over. :lol:

On the subject of your buddies gassers have you seen the latest issue of The Rodders Journal? Your buddy Genes'  52 is pictured on page 64
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

You guys are nuts......16,500 and il make sure its got a current ohio title.. And air in the tires
Just make the check out to Sue.. :wink:

enjenjo

Those guys are trying to jack you. I have the car, send the $2000 to me. In a strange coincidence my initials are C.A.S.H. too. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Now of course your not stupid enuff to believe you could purchase an ex record holding 56 gasser for less that i have to offer it for? These guys are pulling your leg.. The pic was of a yellow 55 with just a little rust wasnt it  :?: Like i said.... air in the tires too.
Dave :wink:

slocrow

Oh my goodness!!! Stay away from the computer for one day and look at all the help I've gotten. Well, to each and every one of you trusted scouts, who have diligently scoured the lower peninsula for the black & white holy grail, let me say that "the check is in the mail" and I have a deposit for each and every one of you.

Apparently we've hit the winter doldrums big time :lol: ............Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Charlie Chops 1940

Well Frank, you would have to admit that we are easily entertained and likewise considerate of your well-being.

Would be nice to find the car but it would also be a real stroke of luck.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

UGLY OLDS

Apparently we've hit the winter doldrums big time  ............Frank

Hey !!! I need one of those doldrum things for my Olds :!:  :!:  Do they come in BLUE  :?:  :?:  :?:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

39deluxe

I always like the '56 better also. I had a Bel Air hardtop mild custom with a warmed over 283. It had the usual stuff; nosed ,decked, Lee tail lights, tube grille, 'hyde interior. I sold it so I could buy a new '67 442. Wish I still had the '56.

Tom

mopar2dr

There is a small car lot I drive by near Kendeville,Ind. that has one for sale.  
No drive train,but otherwise looks complete. There used to be a drag strip near by that is no more. An Ohio car migrating to Hoosier land is possible.
send me message and I will send you the phone number.
I got lost in thought, it was unfamiliar territory!

39deluxe

Quote from: "mopar2dr"There is a small car lot I drive by near Kendeville,Ind. that has one for sale.  
No drive train,but otherwise looks complete. There used to be a drag strip near by that is no more. An Ohio car migrating to Hoosier land is possible.
send me message and I will send you the phone number.

Is that the lot over by 9 and 6 north of Albion?

Tom