On another note

Started by Carnut, March 01, 2007, 04:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnut

How many of you guys with Hiboy Coupes have had them called 'Roadsters'?

Ever bother you?

That one always got me steamed a bit when I heard it and I heard it alot, heck my former BIL Jonny Pate with a Hiboy Model A Coupe just like mine always called them 'Roadsters'. Grrrrr

Dave

Quote from: "Carnut"How many of you guys with Hiboy Coupes have had them called 'Roadsters'?

Ever bother you?

That one always got me steamed a bit when I heard it and I heard it alot, heck my former BIL Jonny Pate with a Hiboy Model A Coupe just like mine always called them 'Roadsters'. Grrrrr

Happens all the time.. I just ignore it anymore cause obviously they have no idea ...
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

Bob Paulin

I saw a good one on another allegedly car-related site.

This guy was in the market for a "muscle car".

Anything between 1955 and 1980 would be considered....YES 1955 to 1980.....

B.P.
"Cheating only means you really care about winning" - Red Green

DRD57

The general public frequently confuses roadsters and coupes. When conversing with people devoid of the proper automotive genes, I refer to my cars as the green one or the brown one to avoid confusing them.

Cword

Quote from: "Carnut"How many of you guys with Hiboy Coupes have had them called 'Roadsters'?

or Roadster owners who've had 'em called "Deuce Coupes"
:roll:
--

GPster

Quote from: "Cword"

or Roadster owners who've had 'em called "Deuce Coupes"
:roll:
Or all the plymouth belvederes with Hemis at the auctions that are called restorations. GPster

Dave

Quote from: "DRD57"The general public frequently confuses roadsters and coupes. When conversing with people devoid of the proper automotive genes, I refer to my cars as the green one or the brown one to avoid confusing them.

Smart thinkin.. Now i got 2,,, but people only see the pics of the old purple 34 with fenders and the new kinda 32 without. so.. its the purple car and the orange car. Im unimpressed with the amount of people i work with that told me the purple car is better than the orange car. They just dont get it.. Why did you sell that pretty car.. Well it may well have sumpin to do with makin 10k.. DUH..And real hot rods dont have fenders :!:  :lol:  :lol: . They really dont get the point that i always dreamed of building an all new car and i knew id never have the cash to do so.. Well i got lucky or i should say i did a good job building the 34 and made some cash and i was able to do the 32. Id have done a 33 hiboy but i just sold one close to that ya with fenders and ive never owned a 32 soooooooooo.
This one could go on forever too. At least were not on the HAMB fiberglass vs Steel......... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Dave :arrow:

slocrow

Quote from: "DRD57"The general public frequently confuses roadsters and coupes. When conversing with people devoid of the proper automotive genes, I refer to my cars as the green one or the brown one to avoid confusing them.
OR..the fresh one and the ripe one :lol:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

I had a guy bring a closed cab pickup to me one time, and wanted me to build a ROADSTER out of it. :lol:  "You mean cut the roof off?" "No, take the fenders off."
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

fatkoop

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only one around these parts with a true passion for these cars.  I mean I live, eat, breathe and in general do nothing useful most of the time except think about, work on, or drive early hot rods.  Nobody I work with, and I work in a large company, gets it.  "Car guys" here at work talk all the time about the 50MPG hybrid or huge diesel truck they just bought for large $$.  A hot rod is a turboed Jetta or a Honda w/a giant wing on top.  "What is that? Those cars look REALLY old!" they ask about the pictures I have on my wall of my '40 or '36 coupes, or even my ol' GTO.  I am sad for them.  I have absolutely loved the last 45 years of doing this stuff, and every early Ford I see is more exciting than the last one.

kb426

I think these same people are real impressed with my knowledge of baseball. :lol:  I'm surprised at the "take the fenders off", though. I would have guessed because he owned the car he would be educated in the car world.
TEAM SMART

phat46

If i had a buck for evey time my '46 Chevy COUPE was called a roadster I coulda bought a new set of wheels for it!!!!  I used to attempt to explain the difference between a coupe, sedan, roadster, convertable, cabriolet, etc, but I had people looking at me like a pig looking at a wristwatch!!!!  :lol:

Pep

I am referred to as the "old guy" at work and most people think I'm a restorer :? . I have my roadster as my background on my PC.....I have had all sorts of comments....most are way off. The best is "Oh is that a convertable VX...my friend has one just like it" :x
See Ya
Pep

sedanman

I used to have a 36 5 window Plymouth coupe. I built it fenderless in the front and cut down fenders in the back. Open hood with small block Chevy.

My next door neighbor insisted that it was a "Dune Buggy" I would just laugh and go on about my business.

I now have a 36 Chevy 2 door sedan full fendered and she says it a "Bonnie and Clyde" Car.  :D  :D  :D  8)

Vic

Dave

Quote from: "sedanman"I used to have a 36 5 window Plymouth coupe. I built it fenderless in the front and cut down fenders in the back. Open hood with small block Chevy.

My next door neighbor insisted that it was a "Dune Buggy" I would just laugh and go on about my business.

I now have a 36 Chevy 2 door sedan full fendered and she says it a "Bonnie and Clyde" Car.  :D  :D  :D  8)

Vic

Thats nuts :!:  How many times have you seen a 32 ford advertised as a bonnie and clyde car? Sure they stole and wrecked some but what did they get killed in ???? I know do you........
Dave :wink:
ps: year make model please...