Dash prisms

Started by EMSjunkie, March 01, 2007, 10:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EMSjunkie

Anybody using one?

do they work?

been kickin' round the idea of scoring one for the coupe. :?

gettin' a crik in my neck at stop lights :roll:

gimme some info.

Thanks

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

35WINDOW

My Dad bought a new '55 Nomad the day I was Born and it had one (it took me a long time to figure out what it was)-worked good, kinda looked like a clear "fan" with lines

Dave

Ya i got one. Cw moss has the old time looking ones that have a stud to mount em. I dunno it they have a web site but i got a catalog at home i think. I lkike thiers cause they are cool looking. They do work also.
Dave
:arrow:  :wink:  :arrow:

Have owned several 55's with the traffic viewer.....they do work,especially with a big old sunvisor!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

BFS57

Hello;
Have a '32 Victoria w/4" chopped roof. Got one from Parr Automotive for that car, around $10.00.
Have a 57 Chevy have the more expensive one in that car, works really great! my 9 year old daughter told me how to put it in that car. At first, I didn't have it right. I mounted it like she told me and it worked way better.
Signal lights here in Florida seem to always be directly overhead, up close and extremely hard to see but with both these "signal Sight" devices I couldn't be without them!

Bruce

tom36

My 47 Cadillac with visor has one and it works well.  Tom...

CQQL33

Yes, they work just fine.   I have one in my chopped coupe so I know what your are talking about, straining your neck..... :roll:       I have had both the plastic type and the original glass unit....    Trust me, the glass unit is the one that you want.    It is far better than any plastic one that I have tried...

EMSjunkie

Thanks Guys, I appreciate the input.

Speedway sells them, but I dunno if they are the plastic ones or the glass ones.

Dave, I have C.M. Moss bookedmarked. I never thought about them. :-o

guess I better git me one :idea:  :idea:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Thanks Guys, I appreciate the input.

Speedway sells them, but I dunno if they are the plastic ones or the glass ones.

Dave, I have C.M. Moss bookedmarked. I never thought about them. :-o

guess I better git me one :idea:  :idea:

Vance

Vance i looked at thier site today.. (done tell anyone) i didnt see one.  Ill look for a catalog in a bit . I got mine at the nats and its a nice one. Like i said i liked the style. Ill get a pic im headed to the garage just to look at the coupe..  8) If i got a catalog ill get you the info if its in there. They are plastic but they are cool. I tried getting an old origonal one at swaps and egay but i couldnt afford em.. They have a ribbed detail to the prisim also and im sure they work even better than the after market ones..
Dave :arrow:

Dave

Vance.. I musta tossed that cwmoss catalog.. Im working on a pic.... Sue just got home and we were discussing the heart disease and womens *.. I lost
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Dave

slocrow

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Anybody using one?Vance
Naaa, I just hunch over like a teenage delinquent in my T shirt. Lucky's in the rolled up sleeve, if I needed more props..................... :wink: Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

Rayvyn

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Anybody using one?

Vance

Nah. I either get the babe I'm with to turn around and look up for me, ( :P> ) or else I make sure I'm second in line and just watch the car in front of me... 8)  I don't have room on the dash anyway since I mounted that up that Barney Fife bobbing head doll... :P
So call me lazy...Tuna boats don't stop for no stinkin' lights anyway... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Anybody using one?

Vance

Nah. I either get the babe I'm with to turn around and look up for me, ( :P> )  

Mines always busy lookin' down............at my lap :shock:  :oops:  :wink:  :wink:

got my own version of a "bobble head" :-o

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

unklian

Does anyone sell new ones in glass ?

Or have any ideas how to make your own in glass ?