30-31 A verses 32 dropped HL bar

Started by chpd46, February 26, 2007, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chpd46

whats the width at the widest points? I think the company sent me a 32 instead of a 30-31, I have about 1.5" -2" too much bar and the orig.gennie came right off w no give in the fenders.

Dave

I dont have a 31 to measure but i got a 28 29 i can check.. Sounds too wide though. how about sending it back and dropping your stock bar? I have a jig to do em.
Dave

Dave

Now that i think about it i had a stainless dropped bar for my 30 a and we had to cut it and shorten it to make it work. Id have dropped a stock one but i dont think i had one at the time
Dave :arrow:

chpd46

Quote from: "chpd46"whats the width at the widest points? I think the company sent me a 32 instead of a 30-31, I have about 1.5" -2" too much bar and the orig.gennie came right off w no give in the fenders.

I figured it out, when they built this thing in '66 or so ,they gave the stocker more "bow" to get it to fit, stock is supposed to be 43" and mine is 42" . I sent it back , I have no clue on how to drop my orig one,I think i have a magazine somewhere w a how to on it.

Dave

Quote from: "chpd46"
Quote from: "chpd46"whats the width at the widest points? I think the company sent me a 32 instead of a 30-31, I have about 1.5" -2" too much bar and the orig.gennie came right off w no give in the fenders.

I figured it out, when they built this thing in '66 or so ,they gave the stocker more "bow" to get it to fit, stock is supposed to be 43" and mine is 42" . I sent it back , I have no clue on how to drop my orig one,I think i have a magazine somewhere w a how to on it.

Well if you wanna send it to me ill drop it and send it back for free..
I have a jig set up to do 28-29 and 30-31.. I dont have any 31 bars or id already have one dropped. I just bought another 28-29 on the bay to drop then if someone wants one i just exchange for one. Up to you but like i saiod ill do it for ya for nuttin.. I can also tell you how to build a jig and how to do it.. That may be a qood tech week post too.
Dave
Dave