Couldn't reply - why

Started by paul5456, February 25, 2007, 11:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul5456

What the devil is this - tried to reply to a post

In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 10 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 7 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

Fat Cat

Quote from: "paul5456"What the devil is this - tried to reply to a post

In order to try to prevent spammers, we do not allow our users to post URLs in any form until they have posted at least 10 legitimate posts and have been with us for more than 7 days. We appreciate your understanding in this matter in order to help us eliminate spam from this forum. If you have somehow gotten this message even though you meet both of the criteria, please let us know ASAP.

Thanks!

It must be due to the fact that you were attempting to post either a website link or an image. You do not have the required number of posts to be able to do eithe rof these things yet. This issue was addressed in this post http://www.roddingroundtable.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6497 It is due the the actions of spammers who are posting images and links with sexually oriented content

enjenjo

Quote from: "paul5456"What the devil is this - tried to reply to a post

Thanks!

Paul, we are having a problem with spammers. this is no reflection on any of the current members. Some * nearly slipped through in the last couple days, posted by a new member, a spammer.  One of out alert moderators caught it.

Now, if you only have 7 posts as your profile says, you will have to post three more times, and have been a member for a week, to post pictures, or a URL. This includes URLs in your signature.

I'm sorry it  has to come to this, but with the world as it is today, we have to protect ourselves, providing a reliable place for the members.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

dragrcr50

so I assume posting my new website is a no no????  its a hot rod site??
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

slocrow

Quote from: "dragrcr50"so I assume posting my new website is a no no????  its a hot rod site??
NO, NO! You can post because you've got more then 10 post's. It's just to prevent the one time spammers from posting links and pics.
It's another unfortunate sign of our times......................Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

dragrcr50

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"so I assume posting my new website is a no no????  its a hot rod site??
NO, NO! You can post because you've got more then 10 post's. It's just to prevent the one time spammers from posting links and pics.

well i thoughtt so but when i did last week it got deleted right away, so i thought i broke a rule or something... so i can pu t it up for all now...??
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

enjenjo

Not a problem, post away. This only applies to new members, that signed up 2 18 07 or after, or those having less than 10 posts. If anyone else is getting that message, email me, and I'll fix it.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "dragrcr50"
Quote from: "slocrow"

well i thoughtt so but when i did last week it got deleted right away, so i thought i broke a rule or something... so i can pu t it up for all now...??

I am not aware of any deleted posts lately.   I caught the  OFF COLOR  stuff that has resulted in the recent changes to the posting of web links by Newbies.

With your number of posts there should no problem
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)