Tach wiring help

Started by Fuzzy, February 23, 2007, 11:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzy

I've got a used tach for my engine test stand I'm building,but I need some help wiring it.It has 6 wires,white,red,green,black,yellow,and blue.
I don't see any brand name,but it says "Made in USA".Any ideas?
                                       Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

wvcab

Quote from: "Fuzzy"I've got a used tach for my engine test stand I'm building,but I need some help wiring it.It has 6 wires,white,red,green,black,yellow,and blue.
I don't see any brand name,but it says "Made in USA".Any ideas?
                                       Fuzz

just taking a stab at it.... black grd, red switched 12 v, blue wire is probably for the lamp, which leaves the yellow, green, white wires... one is probabbally for 4 cyl, one for 6 cyl, and the other for 8 cyl going to the - side of the coil?

phat rat

Fuzzy, can you take it out of the cup? I never seen one with that many wires. The ones I've seen that were 4,6,8 cyl have had a switch on the back that allowed you to change it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fuzzy

Jack,I did pull it out of the cup and there is a switch inside for the number of cylinders.I've never seen one with this many wires either.It was free so I thought I might as well try it.
No billet for this kid!

phat rat

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Jack,I did pull it out of the cup and there is a switch inside for the number of cylinders.I've never seen one with this many wires either.It was free so I thought I might as well try it.

Hey FREE is certainly the right price. No markings whatsoever to give a hint of brand? If you don't find out here are you a member over on the Hamb? Maybe someone there would have an idea of brand and you'd be able to find something out that way. If you can't then I guess you wouldn't be out anything by experimenting with it.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fuzzy

Thanks Jack.Yeah,I'm a member over there too"Moparhead",I'll post it tonight. Fuzz
No billet for this kid!