Viewed a Private Collection - Pictures

Started by msuguydon, February 17, 2007, 02:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msuguydon

They updated the garages in Gasoline Alley at Indy a few years back.  Don bought some of the doors, these are the real doors from Gasoline Alley.

Okay, our tour continues

Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

Dave

wow rip williams russ gamester , rich vogler,, what a collection. I shudder to think what thats worth don......
Dave

a steve kinser car too... wow maybe you better not call me because they would have to throw me out.. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

msuguydon

msuguydon

These are the last pictures I have, I could have taken hundreds more. The collection was so overwhelming its hard to even tell you what I saw  and like I said I only saw about 1/3 of it.  

Some of things I did not take pictures of were: display case after display case of pit passes, tickets, autographed pictures from just about every racer in the world,  helmets from all the biggies, things like an alligator hunting license and pictures of Don hunting alligators with AJ Foyt.  Etc, etc, etc...

There are more buildings like this last one, I guessed I was taken in 4 buildings.  This building was full of Lincolns and Cadillacs, many INDY 500 pace cars.  

I am told there is a building of Mustangs, and one of corvettes.. Again many Pace Cars.  

kb426

Hey, you got a gift from God. I about fell out of my chair at some of these pics. I could spend days looking at that.
TEAM SMART

Don....THANKS for sharing those photos!! I'm not what you'd call an Indy fanatic but I might give a body part or two to spend a day or two sifting thru that collection.I cannot comprehend someone keeping that all to themselves......To each his own but to me,it would be like having a billion dollars and not sharing! Now.....I'm gonna go back and look at them again and see what I missed the first three times  :P
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Rayvyn

Awesome. Totally awesome...
You done good kid.
It makes Garlits place down here in Ocala look like a little kids Hot Wheels collection.

I'd like to fly up and get lost in there for about a month.
Thanks for sharing... :D
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

msuguydon

That's Great that he's going to share those treasures with the public!And,to donate the proceeds to such a worthy charity are very admirable....especially with all the greed in the world today! Sounds like a great spot to have an RRT get together when it opens :P Now,I think I'll check out the photos one more time!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

34ford

Thanks for sharing them. Looks like they are all in restored condition which must have cost a fortune.  Glad the guy is willing to share his fortune.