Newbie from Ky.

Started by Trucked Up, February 05, 2007, 08:56:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trucked Up

Hello All,
    My name is Brent and I live in Pikeville Kentucky. I am the son of a self employed retired mechanic/drive inn resturant/late night drag race car builder.
    I have 9 '47-'54 Chevy Pickup/Panel/Suburban rods and one '67 shortbed chevy pickup. They range from Rod and Custom Top 100 picks to my favorite rusted out beater '47 P'up but most in common they all are drivers.
    I get to 8-10 events a year consisting of NSRA, GG's, Shades of the Past, Turkey Run and Frog Follies. Chances are if you run across a '47-'54 Chevy Truck dragging the pavement from Kentucky it'll be me. Take a moment if you see me and come on over and talk rods................. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
I wonder how it would feel "to wake up" one day as opposed "to come too"

enjenjo

Welcome to the RRT. I'm building a 47 and a 50 right now.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

welcome aboard.....

I had a 50 Chevy truck with a hopped up 235 motor, saginaw 4 speed from a Camaro. it was a fun truck.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Welcome! Sounds like we'll see you at the Nat's if not before!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Trucked Up

Hey Baron, Actually we'll be at the NSRA event in Knoxville, Tn. in early May as well the Louisville show, that is if we can afford gasoline this year. I'm still ticked at the sudden jump in fuel in the Louisville area last year....
        Don't know if you get down that way but if you do I'll look you up...................Brent

alchevy

Were you at Goodguys Nashville in 2006? I was there taking pictures. http://www.astreetrodder.com/ggnash06.htm is where you can see them. My 40 Chevy was back home having some things done to it. It should be there this year! The years of your trucks are some of my favorites and a lot of folks favorites. Got any pictures of them that you could let us see or have you put them in the member's pictures location on here?
AL
A street rod is a vehicle made before 1949 that is modified with modern stuff: bigger motors; newer trans; updated suspension, front & rear; a/c.
Following is a street rod plus definition: No known definition because it changes.

www.astreetrodder.com

Trucked Up

Hey Nobleman,
    Had the registration, had the room reserved months in advance and was going to be able to tell everyone for years that I was at the first one.............
    Boom, daughters cheerleading squad scheduled a competition in Knoxville the same week.
    O' well Hopefully I'll be able to tell everyone that I have been to every event since the second..............Hope to see you around......Brent

EMSjunkie

Ya got too many project trucks. :(

I'd be glad to take one or two off yer hands :D

Welcome to the RRT

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dave

Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Ya got too many project trucks. :(

Welcome to the RRT

Vance

There ya go again looking for sumpin for free.. Do any of you sheep herders have any spare change ?
Dave :lol:  :lol:  8)  8)

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "EMSjunkie"Ya got too many project trucks. :(

Welcome to the RRT

Vance

There ya go again looking for sumpin for free.. Do any of you sheep herders have any spare change ?
Dave :lol:  :lol:  8)  8)

spend all my money on oats and rubber boots.

if you are really quite, on a calm evening you can hear the deer wheezing :lol:

did you get that roadster sold yet :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

39deluxe

Welcome aboard. That's a nice AD. Do you have any pics of the'67 shorty? I'm doing a '69 step side  at present. Someday it may even run and drive.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Welcome aboard.  Nice looking truck.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

KustomLincolnLady

Hi Brent, Welcome aboard. Love the truck. Your not to far away, maybe you should consider coming to the BBQ fix and repair day  :lol:

Hey, Bry!  the shoebox I mentioned in Denise's thread , about Anthony (OOMack) is in the photos on your link!!! Black and Turq. now it was Candy Tangerine, when he first saw it.

Debb

Trucked Up

Hey KustomLincolnLady,
    Tell me more about the BBQ fix as I am always looking for a excuse to make a run................... :D  :D  :D  :D