Status of my auction on the old board

Started by purplepickup, February 13, 2004, 08:30:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I'm going to re-list my auction for board support since the old board crashed before the auction finished, and I'll leave everything as it was.  I think that's only fair.  I've copied and saved all of it except for the last two posts (one by me and a bid by Phat Rat).  

When the dust settles here I'll put it back up here for a few days.
George

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"I'm going to re-list my auction for board support since the old board crashed before the auction finished, and I'll leave everything as it was.  I think that's only fair.  I've copied and saved all of it except for the last two posts (one by me and a bid by Phat Rat).  

When the dust settles here I'll put it back up here for a few days.

So where am I at in terms of bidding?
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

You were the high bidder at the time, but very few people could access the board on what was supposed to be the final day of the auction.  

Since the auction is to support the board I think it is a chance for anyone that was thinking of donating anyway, to get something for their donation.  Now that we've seen what Frank is doing with the donations, I think everyone deserves another chance.

By the way, the top two bidders will each get a McMaster Carr catalog, even if their bids are the same.  I'll include all the details when I repost the Auction.
George

unklian

Quote from: "purplepickup"I'm going to re-list my auction for board support since the old board crashed before the auction finished, and I'll leave everything as it was.  I think that's only fair....

That seems fair,
I was afraid the problem was on my end and I missed all the fun.

phat rat

Quote from: "purplepickup"You were the high bidder at the time, but very few people could access the board on what was supposed to be the final day of the auction.  

Since the auction is to support the board I think it is a chance for anyone that was thinking of donating anyway, to get something for their donation.  Now that we've seen what Frank is doing with the donations, I think everyone deserves another chance.

By the way, the top two bidders will each get a McMaster Carr catalog, even if their bids are the same.  I'll include all the details when I repost the Auction.

Not a problem George just wanted to make sure whether or not I needed to rebid that's all
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

akaplan

Thought you guys had run off with my bid  :(

Just getting used to the new forum but can't seem to work out where the auction is up to.

Please let me know  :?:

purplepickup

Quote from: "akaplan"Thought you guys had run off with my bid  :(

Just getting used to the new forum but can't seem to work out where the auction is up to.

Please let me know  :?:

In a few days I'll put it back up.  I want to make sure Fat Cat has a chance to work out the bugs here on the new board.....and I know he's got some important things to take care of at home first.  

You will definitely know about it.  I'll make sure I email the 4 people that have already bid.
George