Lookie what I finally got put in! 302 engine for the '35

Started by Dirk35, April 25, 2004, 01:46:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirk35

Hope this works. Their crappie camera phone shots as Im too lazy to charge the battery on my digi camera.

Slick 50

Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

Coleman396

Lookin Good Dirk! I have a 35 myself. I tried to email you a pic but it was returned. What kind of firewall are you using? This fall mine is coming apart and the firewall and footboards will be replaced. There is a 289 in mine right now but that will be history once I take it out. Kinda partial to Chevy running gear so if all goes well come spring she will be a mule.
Whatcha using for a front end? Mustang?
I love the look of that tunnel ram with the dual fours! Have a great day!
                                                                  John.

58 Yeoman

Looks good to me, too. I didn't think that the camera phones took such good pix.
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

Dirk35

Coleman396, you can see how I did my firewall in the Tech section here on Franks site.
Click the word "tech" at the top of the page.

Or just go here if you want also.

http://www.roddingroundtable.com/tech/articles/firewall1.html

The truck is looking good! I really have a desire to build a 35/36 pick-up...just don't fit in them very well.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

paul2748

btrc

Does look good.  I'm a Ford man myself so it's nice to see the 302.  Are the carbs pretty small?  I used to race a tube chassis Zepher with a Boss 302 (actually 330") and found it ran just as quick with (2) 500 cfm 2 barrells.  I didn't know you were this far along on your project.  Once again, looks good.

Bob
Bob

an4itio

Looking good Dirk. Won't be long and you will be back ahead of me. Is that seats I see mounted in the cab also. You going to take your first drive in style, much more fun on a milk crate. haha  :D
Dont DistUrbed Me Im DiStuRbEd EnOuGh!!

Dirk35

Thanks all!

Quote from: "an4itio"Looking good Dirk. Won't be long and you will be back ahead of me. Is that seats I see mounted in the cab also. You going to take your first drive in style, much more fun on a milk crate. haha  :D

HeHe, those seats arent mounted in there. Their just sitting in there on the floor. I had the mounts all made for the bench seat from the Ford Areostar, but it sat up too high. Then I ran by those Mustang seats cheap (well $175) so their sitting in there. They actually sit pretty nice just on the floor. David, I doubt my truck will ever be ahead of yours, its beautiful!

Also, what you guys arent seeing is the amount of small dents from being a farm truck for so many years. My grandpa tells me a pertty good story of taking a 800lb sow to the sale in the back of it with my mom and her brother sitting in the back with the pig.  :lol:  :lol:

Sean

Looks pretty good Dirk. My F100's original paint was pretty close to that color. It will go back to that color if I ever get the bodywork done....