It Followed Me Home....Honest!

Started by 40, April 25, 2004, 12:07:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attached(Hopefully :roll: )is a photo of the 67 Coupe D'Ville that followed me home today! In my mind,I have a list of cars that I want to own before I die....On that list is a 67 Caddilac....and....since it was raining and my brother-in-law and I couldn't work anyway....we decided to drive down to the Southeast corner of Iowa and check out a couple of prospects.I struck a deal with the old gentleman that owned the car and it followed me home!At the moment,I have no idea what I will do with it,at least there's one less car on my list!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

MrMopar64

Quote from: "40"Attached(Hopefully :roll: )is a photo

Welp I don't see any photo........ :wink:

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

btrc

It seems to me that even with all the space you have you must have officially ran out of garage space.

Bob
Bob

As I suspected...NO Photo!! It keeps telling me the file size is too large...I shrunk that sucker down to the point that you weren't sure if it was a Cadillac or a Volkswagon :roll: I must just be adjusting the photo that I am looking at on my screen and not the file itself. I hate this Damned computer :evil: My main purpose for posting a photo of the old girl was to see if one of the computer genius's here could possibly photoshop it and give me an idea of what the car will look like with wide white's.It definately needs new tires and I'm trying to decide whether to go 18" Polished Americans or the stock wheels/caps with 3 1/2" wide whites.Any help would be greatly appreciated...I can email a photo if anyone is game to give it a try.

Bob...You are right...space is getting tight! The 36 is still blown apart at my buddy's shop and we just disassembled the 35 at another friends paint shop.I am going to deliver the 37 to another friends shop soon so we can begin installing a new firewall...this should give me enough room to get the Caddy under roof :roll: And...If everyone is as slow as the guy on my 36...I won't have to worry about it for a L...O...N...G  time :P

58 Yeoman

Daryle, you can send the pic to me and I'll post it, but I don't have photoshop, so I can't put the wide whites on it. But, at least we'll be able to see it. I like the older Caddy's too. :lol:
I survived the Hyfrecator 2000.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans."
1967 Corvair 500 2dr Hardtop
1967 Corvair 500 4dr Hardtop
Phil

moparrodder

Quote from: "40"Attached(Hopefully :roll: )is a photo of the 67 Coupe D'Ville that followed me home today! In my mind,I have a list of cars that I want to own before I die....On that list is a 67 Caddilac....and....since it was raining and my brother-in-law and I couldn't work anyway....we decided to drive down to the Southeast corner of Iowa and check out a couple of prospects.I struck a deal with the old gentleman that owned the car and it followed me home!At the moment,I have no idea what I will do with it,at least there's one less car on my list!
Geez Daryle, I see I'm going to have to get with the program and buy those big lots from mom and put up some two story buildings for you to house your collection :lol:   I'll even keep em polished and take em for a cruz every now and then just to keep em limbered up for ya :lol:   Seriously congrats on the Caddy!!  Hope to see it soon.  Are ya commin down to Onawa in June 12-13 for the Blast to the Past- Grafitti Night? They are supposed to have a bigger show with some "Featured Cars" this year, one of them is the radical 57 Chevy of Roger Jetter's,  he writes "Bangin The Gears" stories in the GG Gazette and is a good friend, and there is to be some real good live music if the rumors are true!! 8)   Catch ya later!!  Bill :)    :b-d:  :b-d:

Thanks Phil.....You've got mail!

Bill....Will definately try and make it down for Grafitti Night....Hope it's better than the last few years...pretty dissappointing :( There is a pretty nice show at our Chevy dealer on Saturday,May 15th...we are going to burn something on the grill afterward if you and Gail can make it.I'll start another post to invite anyone else who may have an interest in attending.Feel free to come up and polish anything you like...and...take it for a drive too if you like!

58 Yeoman

Daryle, sorry it took me so long to find your email; I was busy looking for an instruction book for my Dymo maker.  You sent them as a zip file, and I must've lost my winzip, so I was able to download Winzip for free.  That is one long car. A friend of mine used to have a 67 Vert, but it wasn't in anywhere near the condition that your's is in.

If you want, I can send you a small program that works well with resizing and cropping. Your original pix had a large white border that was probably causing your problems with resizing. I cropped them out, and it worked great.

Phil

Thanks Phil....You can send that program to me ...but...only if it has VERY SIMPLE instructions included :lol:

58 Yeoman

Okay, Daryle, I played a little with my sister's photoshop, and gave your Caddy some wide whites. Remember, this is my first time using this program. I'll try sending that program to you; it's easy to use. You can always ask your wife to help you. :lol:

Phil

moparrodder

Quote from: "58 Yeoman"Okay, Daryle, I played a little with my sister's photoshop, and gave your Caddy some wide whites. Remember, this is my first time using this program. I'll try sending that program to you; it's easy to use. You can always ask your wife to help you. :lol:
Hey Phil,  Ya did good!!  It don't look too bad with those wide whites.  The only problem I see is Daryle better not let Denise too close to it as it looks like it has a trunk big enough for her to pack full with a complete 7 course picinic meal to take to shows!! :lol:  Or enough of those Famous Cookies to feed everyone at the Nats!!   :lol:    Bill

Thanks Phil....I think I like it! Might just have to order me a set of Diamond Backs tomorrow!

btrc

Nice Cadillac Daryle.  I always say if your going to have something big, have something really big.  So your starting on the '37 Coupe?  I thought you said once that was going to be your last one.  I can't see that your slowing down any.

Bob
Bob