Kzoo swap..

Started by Dave, January 26, 2007, 12:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

If our politicians had been smart 100 years ago they would have declared Lake Michigan a public land fill. By now it would be full and we would have no more lake effect snow. Also we would have a dry lake bed for land speed racing in the summer. Just a thought.

Sorry but as a long time lover of the big pond I strongly disagree. Those of us who live near the lake find that it keeps us cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Nothing like a walk on the beach especially on a warm summer day or night. Also watching the storms come in with the waves crashing on shore and the lightning lighting up the sky all the way to the horizon. From what I've heard about Lake Erie in terms of being polluted I think it would be the better candidate for being a landfill.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Dave

Quote from: "phat rat"If our politicians had been smart 100 years ago they would have declared Lake Michigan a public land fill. By now it would be full and we would have no more lake effect snow. Also we would have a dry lake bed for land speed racing in the summer. Just a thought.

Sorry but as a long time lover of the big pond I strongly disagree. Those of us who live near the lake find that it keeps us cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Nothing like a walk on the beach especially on a warm summer day or night. Also watching the storms come in with the waves crashing on shore and the lightning lighting up the sky all the way to the horizon. From what I've heard about Lake Erie in terms of being polluted I think it would be the better candidate for being a landfill.

Being around water most of my life but never living on a lake or anything im gonna side with Jack. Sue and i used to ride to lake michigan about 3 or 4 times every summer on the motorcycle. Just a nice way to get away and enjoy the lake. Ben to a  couple car shows in grand haven and south haven just to get over by the lake. i  cant afford to live there but i can visit as much as i want. Lake erie isnt too bad either and i think they have clleaned it up quite a bit.
Dave

oldbobsign

Quote from: "phat rat"

Wow, Jack, didn't know you could be so eloquent!  I love the lake big lake, too.

Larry

HotRodLadyCrusr

I think Tom was kidding :wink:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

oldbobsign

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"I think Tom was kidding :wink:

I know Tom was kidding but Jack's description was great! :lol:

HotRodLadyCrusr

Well I was happy to hear everyone made it there and back safely.  Driving in white-out conditions is scarey. :shock:

We had near white-out conditions over the weekend when I took off my beach coverup at the hot tub.  My pastey white skin needs more then just a weekend down south. :wink:  :lol:
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

39deluxe

You do have a point. Erie is rather shallow so It would fill quicker. :lol:

The lakes are beautiful in the summer. They are ok in the winter too if you can look past the cold and snow. Every year I have a harder time putting up with the cold though.

Tom