Kzoo swap..

Started by Dave, January 26, 2007, 12:19:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "GPster"Let's carry this Forum on a couple more days and tell us what good deals you guys nailed down. It was too far and too cold for some of usand I really was afraid to ask you to look for something because you might have found it. GPster

Ya know the funny part was (but maybe not) there was one of the posts from one of the aussies looking for a b&m air filter set up. There was one there and it looked just like the b&m but it didnt have a name on it and it was under 200 bucks and id bet i could have got it cheaper. I remember the aussie was prepared to spend 200 on one. I could have bought it and sent it to him if he still needed one :!:  Something we dont think about just pops up ..
Ok what did i buy.. 2 glasspacks 35 bucks..Next stop  Got a black throttle cable the cut to length kind for 10 bucks and a chrome fuel filter for 4 bucks from the same guy.  Next was a braided stainless tranny dip stick and 2 aluminum breathers one with pcv and a stainless return spring kit 109.00
This was all ebay money so i didnt mind spending some. ( sure if i figure what ive made and what ive spent well ....)Loaned my kid 20 and got him for a coffee but i may never see the 20 again :?
5 bucks to get in and 1/2 a tank of gas.
I left at 7 am put the cruise on 76 and never stopped.
The met and great went well .. Nice to meet Larry and Fuzzy.. Jack Charlie Kurt and the Franks were there.. Oh ya i cant leave out OBT and Deb and her husband.. Frank Sr did mention that he thought we were having a bunch of fun here on the board and i was impressed cause no one took a swing at me even the ones we met for the first time :wink:  The drive home was fine cept the dam wind :!:  Its bitter cold out and windy still... I just finished up in the garage and i left the heat up for tomorrow.....
One person i didnt see and havent heard from for a bit  was Purplepickup.
I usually chat with george but he didnt make it.. I hope he is doing ok.
Ok what did the rest of you buy  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
Dave :arrow:

Charlie Chops 1940

Man, that was a trip. 7 degrees going down there and whiteout for half of it. 11 coming back and most of it in whiteout conditions. Got detoured off of US131 just south of Grand Rapids. Closed for accident cleanup I guess. 90 miles took 3 hours but I kept it out of the ditch and sunny(?) side up. Bought almost nothing. Quite a few empty vendor spaces.

Nice to see quite a few at the meet-n-greet. Even Dave.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"

Charlie

Dude you gotta start being a little nicer... :wink:
Dave :arrow:  :!:

enjenjo

I picked up a couple air ride leveling valves, NIB, for $10 each. I was looking for some other stuff, but didn't find it at the price I wanted. The guys vending outside were lonesome. There was a guy there with good prices on POR15, but they were show only prices.

Had a meet and greet at 10 am Jusjunk, Charlie chops, OBT, Kustomlincolnlady and her boss, Fuzzy, Oldbobsign, Phatrat, Fatcat, and I showed up. Larry had some stickers he made that said "RRT meet and greet 2007 Kalamazoo" He handed them out to all. It was fun. Ran into 348 tripower and some other in the swap.

Snow was blowing pretty good on the way home, took 3 hours for a 2 hour trip.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Fuzzy

As usual,great to see folks again.I bought a shear and a stretcher/shrinker from Woodward Fab.I'm glad they were there,saved me the shipping,and I got 30 bucks off the regular price of 169.99.Made it home safe in 3 1/2 hrs.,normally a 1 /12 hr ride.The best thing is-----I'm home!

Fuzz
No billet for this kid!

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "KustomLincolnLady"
I'm thinking now its so darn cold I don't even want to go out!!!!  : :wink:

:P

Oh, you're such a Dave anymore... :P  :lol:

OK BRY!!  it was COLD, but I braved it and went!!!  at least I"m not hiding out in Florida, ya wuss!! LOL

we got home, forgot to see how long it took, we stopped to eat and went to the store, but it was whiteout about 2/3 of the way and really windy. Glad you Northern MI guys made it home ok. I thought we would see George there to Dave.  I hope everything is ok.

all we picked up was a few car club plaques, or drag plates.  Rob saw a case for stuff that we thought about getting but passed.

It was fun, I needed a diversion. Great to see everyone and nice meeting you Larry, Thanks for the cool stickers too!!

Debb

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Charlie

Dude...I'll start when you start....

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

A Hooligan!

Dave

Quote from: "jusjunk"

Charlie

Dude...I'll start when you start....

Charlie

Well i guess the board is gonna have to put up with us as we are...............
8)  :lol:  8)  :lol:
Dave :!:  :arrow:  :!:

Charlie Chops 1940

Well put Dave

Charlie

A Hooligan!

Rayvyn

OK BRY!!  it was COLD, but I braved it and went!!!  at least I"m not hiding out in Florida, ya wuss!! LOL
Debb

Yep. That's me. But at least where I was hiding it was 70*. But then again the slight drizzle we had made it seem like 68* with the wind chill... :P  :P  :P  :P  :P     :lol:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Dave

Debb

Yep. That's me. But at least where I was hiding it was 70*. But then again the slight drizzle we had made it seem like 68* with the wind chill... :P  :P  :P  :P  :P     :lol:

68  :x   At least the dam wind died here.. Yesterday was just miserable! Its plenty cold out but its gonna feel warmer it the wind stays down.  Dunno what im gonna do today but im headed to the garage in a bit.
Dave
:arrow:

oldbobsign

It was great to meet everyone on Saturday and put some faces with some screen names.  A special thanks to Deb and Rob for letting me tag along through the buildings, it sure made it a lot more fun for me. :D   Also good chatting with Carl about a mutual high-school-era friend and seeing his pics.

I bought about $50.00 worth of little books for my collection and found a couple of door handle pads for the coupe.  I'm putting the door handles and window cranks back in over the winter.

Sure had everyone on my mind as I headed west on 94 outta K'zoo.  The traveling was nothing short of treacherous!  I have a place in Decatur where I stayed last night and it wasn't much better this morning.  Been battling lake effect weather for more than fifteen years and this is as bad as I've seen it.  Hope everyone made it home safely.

Thanks again for making a new guy feel so welcome!

Larry

Dave

Quote from: "oldbobsign"It was great to meet everyone on Saturday and put some faces with some screen names.  A special thanks to Deb and Rob for letting me tag along through the buildings, it sure made it a lot more fun for me. :D   Also good chatting with Carl about a mutual high-school-era friend and seeing his pics.

I bought about $50.00 worth of little books for my collection and found a couple of door handle pads for the coupe.  I'm putting the door handles and window cranks back in over the winter.

Sure had everyone on my mind as I headed west on 94 outta K'zoo.  The traveling was nothing short of treacherous!  I have a place in Decatur where I stayed last night and it wasn't much better this morning.  Been battling lake effect weather for more than fifteen years and this is as bad as I've seen it.  Hope everyone made it home safely.

Larry

Thank you for the stickers larry ..Way cool
Dave :wink:

phat rat

Quote from: "oldbobsign"It was great to meet everyone on Saturday and put some faces with some screen names.  A special thanks to Deb and Rob for letting me tag along through the buildings, it sure made it a lot more fun for me. :D   Also good chatting with Carl about a mutual high-school-era friend and seeing his pics.

Larry

My wife and I this morning were just saying this is the way winters used to be back 30 years or better ago
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

39deluxe

You folks are some brave souls for venturing out on Saturday. I took the day off to attend a friends birthday party and was glad that I did when I saw the weather up that way. I often end up in Grand Rapids, or over along the lake on Saturday nights and it would not have been a fun trip.

If our politicians had been smart 100 years ago they would have declared Lake Michigan a public land fill. By now it would be full and we would have no more lake effect snow. Also we would have a dry lake bed for land speed racing in the summer. Just a thought.

Tom