Chrome Batwing Air-Cleaner

Started by msuguydon, January 24, 2007, 03:38:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadstar

Why do people keep calling that a batwing aircleaner.. :roll:

phat rat

Quote from: "Roadstar"Why do people keep calling that a batwing aircleaner.. :roll:

It's like calling a Chevy a shoebox. Someone started it and now many people think it's correct
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rudy...I'm with you! I thought the "Batwing" air cleaners were the ones used on the dual quad cads? If I recall correctly,that one is just the stock breather for the standard 4-barrell?
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

Roadstar

Thats right Darrel, the one in the pic came on the caddy or Olds engines.

A true batwing Air cleaner was a duel oil bath  triangle shaped piece that was used on the 2 x 4 Caddys and Chevy Small Blocks.

The Small Block one is so rare, I have a friend that has one on a 32 roadster and he takes it off at night when he is at an event. I  Dont blame him.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Roadstar"

The Small Block one is so rare, I have a friend that has one on a 32 roadster and he takes it off at night when he is at an event. I  Dont blame him.

I thought I took a photo of it while at AUtorama a couple of years ago but I looked thru my photos and couldn't find it.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Roadstar

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

I thought I took a photo of it while at AUtorama a couple of years ago but I looked thru my photos and couldn't find it.

Yes you know the roadster I'm talking about, and the owner.

Yeah, see if you can find it and show what a "Batwing" aircleaner looks like. We have to end this madness :lol:

river1

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"

Yes you know the roadster I'm talking about, and the owner.

Yeah, see if you can find it and show what a "Batwing" aircleaner looks like. We have to end this madness :lol:

this is a batwing
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Roadstar

Yeah, A Batwing AirCleaner.

I googled and found some Caddy ones but the pic were too small, they are similar but a little bigger and have a V emblem on top, they are Gold in Color as well.

phat rat

Thats right Darrel, the one in the pic came on the caddy or Olds engines.

Packards also

msuguydon

SOOOOOO, what do I call the none Batwing Air cleaner?
Would plastic be okay for you today?

Proud Member of Team Smart

phat rat

Quote from: "msuguydon"SOOOOOO, what do I call the none Batwing Air cleaner?

early to mid 50's Cad/Olds

Roadstar

Quote from: "msuguydon"SOOOOOO, what do I call the none Batwing Air cleaner?

Yeah, just call it a Olds or Caddy, and don't feel bad, when I googled Bat Wing Air Cleaner a bunch of pics of the Olds and Caddy Ones poped up too, hahaha I thought it was funny.

Ok so we all got it staight now :lol: