Terrible News

Started by bombcan, January 17, 2007, 09:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bombcan

Just got a call from Debb Butler,  she's just gotten word overnight that her father has passed away.  She said there was a fire last night at his home, and the death was a result of that.  Don't know much of anything else, but thought I'd let her friends know about this terrible loss.

Rob

HotRodLadyCrusr

OMG, this is just awful!  I'm so sorry for her loss.  My condolences to her, Rob, and the rest of the family.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Very sad news indeed  :cry: Our prayers go out to her and the family.
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

GPster

I read all these posts and I'm always concerned but I  save my words for someone that I have met and spoken with. My deepest simpathy to Debb and her family because I have seen how her family has been important to her. Such circumstances can cause you to wonder if there was something you should have done but I hope peace comes to you instead of that. Joe

rooster

slocrow

My prayers to Debb, Rob and the rest of the family. ........ :cry:
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

Must have been late, i talked to her about 11 last night. that is terrible to hear, I lost a grandmother that way. Sorry to hear this Debb.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Dave

Dam That sucks. If anyone talks to her tell her were thinkin bout her
Dave

moparrodder

This is very sad news.  Debb our thoughts and prayers go out to you, Rob and family, remember we are here for you and help you through this sad time.

Bill, Gail and families

Charlie Chops 1940

Very sad. Our thoughts are with you Debb.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Sean

Our condolences, Debb.  :(

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

purplepickup

George

HotRodLadyCrusr

As posted on the HAMB

Here's an article from the Fort Wayne news paper:

Noble County man dies in house fire
Fire claims life of Wolf Lake resident
The Journal Gazette
A 73-year-old Noble County man died in an early morning house fire, Noble Township Fire Chief Rob Davis said.

Ralph Wiedman, of Wolf Lake and formerly of Fort Wayne, died after he re-entered the burning home to retrieve some keys and was overcome by smoke, according to his brother Frank, of Fort Wayne.

Ralph Wiedman and his wife, whose name was not immediately available, had initially escaped the 3 a.m. blaze. Wiedman's wife was not injured, Davis said.

Noble County Coroner Dr. Terry Gaff said Wiedman died of smoke inhalation and thermal injuries.

In addition to Noble Township's fire department, five fire departments fought the blaze, which was under control by 4:30 a.m. Crews and investigators remained on the scene until 11 a.m.

A cause was still being investigated, but it is believed the fire began on the rear first floor of the two-story house, which was destroyed.

In addition to flames, firefighters also had to contend with extremely cold air that caused some oxygen tanks to freeze, Davis said.

Frank Wiedman speculated that his brother, a classic-auto buff, might have re-entered the house to get car keys to move and protect five older vehicles that were on the property. One of those cars was a '65 Mustang, he said.

For more on this story, see Thursday's editions of The Journal Gazette or visit www.journalgazette.net after 7 a.m. Thursday.

This story was reported by Kara Lopp and written by Tom Meares.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

jaybee

Very sad news.  Our thoughts and prayers are with you.  Don't know what I'll do when Dad is gone but it would be a lot harder to lose him in a sudden, unexpected way.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)