painted the vicky today Agent Orange

Started by dragrcr50, January 12, 2007, 08:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

Well after two weeks of blocking and flex all 54 on my back the vicky is orange... I am going to name it Agent Orange ...

Painted it in the barn with a wood fire during an ice storm 20 degrees outside..  looks pretty * good i think .. we were determined to get it done by tonight and we made it. now I can put this deal together in a short  time... cant wait.........stay tuned
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

enjenjo

That looks like Omaha orange. TSC paint?
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

dragrcr50

Quote from: "enjenjo"That looks like Omaha orange. TSC paint?
Itsw some kind of new alice tractor color 06'  omni acryulic enamel... really went on good.... and only 85 bucks for a gallon and the activator and reducer hehe.. after spending like 1500 to 2500 for some customers paint , I took the cheap route...
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

1FATGMC

Wow, you guys are both fast and good :D .  You must of had to skip Friday lunch today with the boys :cry: .  Can't wait to see it,

Sum

Crosley.In.AZ

looks good... fire wall still looks iffy.

:arrow:  :wink:  :wink:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Nick32Vic

Wow, looks good. I had no idea you were so far along on it.

tom36

QuotePainted it in the barn with a wood fire during an ice storm 20 degrees outside..  looks pretty * good i think ..

I think it looks pretty * good too!  Done a few of them wood fired barn paint jobs myself  and some of them came out cleaner than in a spraybooth.  The wood fire always made me a little nervous though. :roll:

purplepickup

Looks real good Sam.  I like the name and color.  It'll be a wicked racer.  Keep us posted  8)

Quote from: "Crosley"... fire wall still looks iffy.

Sam's probably still sanding on that Tony.  It takes a little more work to get cardboard shiney. :wink:
George

dragrcr50

Quote from: "purplepickup"Looks real good Sam.  I like the name and color.  It'll be a wicked racer.  Keep us posted  8)

Quote from: "Crosley"... fire wall still looks iffy.

Sam's probably still sanding on that Tony.  It takes a little more work to get cardboard shiney. :wink:

well it was gonna be gold then i saw that color and said ok thats it , so no agent orange with a half naked camo'd pin up and a drum of XXX on the back shoud be kool ill have it ready for starbird the 15th of feb...

dragrcr50

Quote from: "1FATGMC"Wow, you guys are both fast and good :D .  You must of had to skip Friday lunch today with the boys :cry: .  Can't wait to see it,

Sum
nope , drove in ice and ate with the guys .. came back and painted it...............

1FATGMC

Quote from: "dragrcr50".......... , drove in ice and ........

I think I'm glad I wasn't with you this Friday.  It snowed about 1/2 inch here and melted and now it is coming down again.

c ya,

Sum

slocrow

I think the color is simply outstanding. An excellent choice!
I may be partial........................Looks real nice and you're fast....Frank
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

dragrcr50

Quote from: "slocrow"I think the color is simply outstanding. An excellent choice!
I may be partial........................Looks real nice and you're fast....Frank
Thanks frank, kinda cross between * yellow and school bus orange... not sure but I like it

slocrow

Quote from: "dragrcr50"kinda cross between * yellow and school bus orange...
Yes I know. Just so "they" don't start calling it "The Pumpkin". Ask me how I know........
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

enjenjo

Quote from: "slocrow"
Quote from: "dragrcr50"kinda cross between * yellow and school bus orange...
Yes I know. Just so "they" don't start calling it "The Pumpkin". Ask me how I know........

It's because your car is magic Frank. No matter where you go, it turns into a strip club.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.